Maine Road Magic (Summerbee, Lake, Fred Eyre etc)

Manchester1894

Received this today, some people may be interested at £20 a ticket.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thelowry.com/event/maine-road-magic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thelowry.com/event/maine-road-magic</a>

Enjoy an evening of nostalgia in the company of Maine Road legends Mike Summerbee, Tony Book, Tommy Booth, Paul Lake and Nicky Summerbee (subject to availability).

Re-live the golden years of the late 60’s and early 70’s when City won the League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and were also victorious in the European Cup Winners Cup.

You'll hear stories of their playing careers and listen to their views about City as the club once again strives for greatness. The show will be hosted by radio commentator and author Fred Eyre

SouthStand211 said:
Received this today, some people may be interested at £20 a ticket.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thelowry.com/event/maine-road-magic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thelowry.com/event/maine-road-magic</a>

Enjoy an evening of nostalgia in the company of Maine Road legends Mike Summerbee, Tony Book, Tommy Booth, Paul Lake and Nicky Summerbee (subject to availability).

Re-live the golden years of the late 60’s and early 70’s when City won the League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and were also victorious in the European Cup Winners Cup.

You'll hear stories of their playing careers and listen to their views about City as the club once again strives for greatness. The show will be hosted by radio commentator and author Fred Eyre

How did legend and Nicky Summerbee come into this

I assume he'll just be Mike's driver for the night

Its called nepotism.<br /><br />-- Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm --<br /><br />Oh and no Colin Bell,interesting as Summerbee senior hates him with a passion.

Eddie Hitler said:
Oh and no Colin Bell,interesting as Summerbee senior hates him with a passion.

I thought it was Bell and Franny that didn't get on, thought Bell and Summerbee got on fine?

According to Colin Bell in his book Reluctant Hero it is Franny Lee he has not spoken to and Mike acts as a go between, it all stems from when Franny was chairman and Colin was sacked from the youth team.

He has forgiven the club but says he would find it hard to do the same with Lee, personally I think Lee took the saying that you have no friends in business to far.

True friends are hard to find and when you do find one your friends for life maybe Lee had the I couldn't give a toss attitude to their friendship.

i got the impression of him that he felt Bell got a lot more credit than himself and Lee,his personal impression was that the signing of Lee was the catalyst to success under Joe and Mal.

Nicky D said:
Eddie Hitler said:
Oh and no Colin Bell,interesting as Summerbee senior hates him with a passion.

I thought it was Bell and Franny that didn't get on, thought Bell and Summerbee got on fine?

Yeah the issue is between Franny and Colin as a result of Colin being sacked by Frank Clarke when Franny was chairman Not aware of any problem between Colin and the Bee

mick hunt said:
According to Colin Bell in his book Reluctant Hero it is Franny Lee he has not spoken to and Mike acts as a go between, it all stems from when Franny was chairman and Colin was sacked from the youth team.

He has forgiven the club but says he would find it hard to do the same with Lee, personally I think Lee took the saying that you have no friends in business to far.

True friends are hard to find and when you do find one your friends for life maybe Lee had the I couldn't give a toss attitude to their friendship.

This is the case Mick. Eddie has got it mixed up a little. Colin has no issue and vice versa with Buzzer, quite the contrary actually. I spoke with both when i was over recently, as my pal is friends with both, Buzzer actually got Colin and Franny to sign a shirt, along with him, for my 50th birthday, which was no mean feat and only achieved because of Buzzer's friendship with Colin...........and because they all love me of course :-) ........<br /><br />-- Sat May 08, 2010 6:47 am --<br /><br />
blue_robb said:
Sadly this cannot be held at Maine Road itself.

It could BR, but it would be a street party.......sadly !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.