Man City away shirt popular at The Hacienda (Sunday Brunch)

jayfx

Watching Sunday Brunch today and there was a guest on called Neal Heard that's an expert on football shirts. He was talking about when shirts started to be branded etc and when wearing replica shirts became acceptable. I'm a bit young to remember but apparently foreign shirts were popular here before wearing British club replica shirts. He went onto say that one of the first British club shirts to be seen to be wearing was an "obscure Man City away shirt" that was often worn along with a St. Etienne shirt in The Hacienda and at raves.
Does anyone remember this? Which shirt was it?

It would have been the candy striped one if anything
08b81ed239b1cdd27bc6735eaef806d8.jpg

Watching Sunday Brunch today and there was a guest on called Neal Heard that's an expert on football shirts. He was talking about when shirts started to be branded etc and when wearing replica shirts became acceptable. I'm a bit young to remember but apparently foreign shirts were popular here before wearing British club replica shirts. He went onto say that one of the first British club shirts to be seen to be wearing was an "obscure Man City away shirt" that was often worn along with a St. Etienne shirt in The Hacienda and at raves.
Saw it too, interesting but I call bollocks on some of it though, claims footy shirts didn't come popular till 90's. I was wearing the city saab shirt in about 1985,so were alot of people.

Saw it too, interesting but I call bollocks on some of it though, claims footy shirts didn't come popular till 90's. I was wearing the city saab shirt in about 1985,so were alot of people.
Saab might have even been earlier than that mate? Thought we were phillips by then? Could be wrong again tho!!

Has to be said it sparked my interest and the book could be worth reading when it comes out in the autumn?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.