Man City vs Olympaikos. 6th Aug 2005

Rosler1985

It's coming up to the anniversary of my mums death, so decided to pull the box down from the loft of all my keepsakes and crap I've kept from when she was alive. Anyway long story short I keep the programmes from the first and last game we ever attended together in there.

The last game was the Olympiakos friendly in 2005, with the game finishing 3-1 to us, I had always assumed Rivaldo had scored against us, when in fact it was some young 22 year old midfielder called Yaya Toure!

Is it common knowledge he has scored against us in the past? Or have I just unearthed something? Probably the former I had a little chuckle to myself as who could have known, as I watched that game with my mum that a) this player would go on to win us our first silverware in 35 years and b) we would become what we have today?

Miss her like crazy, and everytime I watch the Aguero goal I just wish she had been there with me.

Love you mum, Merry Christmas.

Oh and love you too Yaya.

I always thought it was Rivaldo, although I knew Yaya had played against us.

BlueTG said:
I always thought it was Rivaldo, although I knew Yaya had played against us.

it does sound familiar to me but I bet an awful lot of people on here don't realise that Yaya played (and scored!) against us at eastlands

[bigimg]http://goonerdaily.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/yaya_2089014b.jpg[/bigimg]

I wonder if Wenger thought Yaya was "average" on Saturday?

haha...

bluesmith said:
He was the best player on the pitch that day.
This^^^^^ and I went away thinking we should try to get this lad! knowing we had no chance of course....in it strange how things work out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.