Man United (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading in the papers this morning can someone tell me how Simon Wells one of OGS’s most trusted scouts was allowed in the Etihad yesterday to scout our team in prep for the derbie next week? He’s not press nor anything to do with Fulham or medical staff....how the hell was he let in?
I think the rules are that six scouts are allowed into stadiums (could even be more down since fans have been allowed back in).

Our record against United was awful last season, with three defeats and only one win. Their style of counter attacking football is one we struggle with, but surely Guardiola must have learnt his lesson. He really shouldn’t be getting outwitted by someone like Solsjkaer.

I do fear that he’ll stubbornly stick to his guns though, and we’ll see another game where we dominate possession but don’t take our chances, and get punished on the counter.

I’m sure we’ll stick with 4-3-3, but part of me hopes we’ll try something different. Try and invite them onto us for a change, and hit them on the counter.

Maybe a 3-4-1-2 with De Bruyne higher up the pitch where he can cause more damage? Something like this:

Ederson

Stones
Dias
Laporte

Walker
Gundogan
Rodri
Cancelo/Mendy

De Bruyne

Sterling/Mahrez
Jesus

I’m probably over thinking this, aren’t I?
What about something really random like no centre halves in the team!
It worked last season
In fact we should have been at least eight goals up at half time

The main threat for the Rags is Fernandes, stop him playing and be clinical in front of goal and we will win. Foden needs to play imo, his energy and ability to run with the ball will cause them problems.

If we watch another game where we dominate the first 15 minutes, miss great chance after great chance, they twat it over the top once and bang its 1-0 to the opposition I think my fuckin head will explode
I would be careful with those thoughts because this is just the kind of game that this will happen in. The rags are more than happy to sit back and hit us on the break, it they score the opening goal with their first shot on target we are in big trouble. We need a striker to protect us against just that.

Last season, despite United's poor performance, Solskjaer managed to win both games, and even during the seasons that City won the league with Pep, Solskjær always win at least one match over Pep. Does Pep have a problem in preparing the team for the derby games? Does Solskjær have a blueprint of the right game plan against City?

We should break this and win this game. No time to waste more points.

The main threat for the Rags is Fernandes, stop him playing and be clinical in front of goal and we will win. Foden needs to play imo, his energy and ability to run with the ball will cause them problems.
The biggest isssue is that, like most teams, United will target Mendy. He is the weak defensive link. Pep has deflected some of the problems Mendy brings by playing Dias on the left side but this is still our most vulnerable area. Mendy v Rashford or Cavani doesn't fill me with confidence though I am sure Pep has a plan. If we solve this we will win the match.

We love to rubbish the rags and put them well In their place and have plenty of times since the Stoke semi. We're still capable of beating them convincingly if we're up for it but the way they put West Ham to bed was impressive. You have to get a result in Leipzig therefore they will play the strongest team and we should be ok from rest in our main players. I'd like to see Foden with De Druyne in midfield and also like to see Sterling on the right because every time he's faced Wan-Bissaka he couldn't beat him.

I'm going for a cagey 1-1.

I heard somewhere that Foden hasn`t had a start in 6 premier league games. Perhaps if he started wearing a shirt with the number 8 on the back, passed backward and sideways most of the time he`d get more game time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.