Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Viadux 2, Manchester’s tallest proposed residential tower is going where the office block is shown, next to Viadux 1. New Jackson has changed as well.

I didn’t really pick up on any other proposed changes in the video. I was just enjoying it.

River Gardens - Trinity Island - 60/55 floors

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

DSC04397.jpg

DSC04399.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

DSC04414.jpg

DSC04405.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg
Simpson Haugh by chance??

Manchester planning committee members voted unanimously to approve the eye-catching facility for Oxford Road designed by architects Hawkins\Brown and Schmidt Hammer Lassen.

Manchester Metropolitan University said demolition works would begin in the autumn. Construction is due to complete in spring 2028, with the 237,800 sq ft library ready to start welcoming students for the 2028/29 academic year.

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

Same article as the above.

Having been deferred in January for a site visit, WUKPG’s 263-studio student accommodation block off Plymoth Grove was approved.

1708068818519.jpeg

Standard design for them. It's cheap, and easy with little work for them to do. And imho getting rather boring.
Yep not been wowed by the most of the building goings up. Deansgate Sq is an eyesore if the building's were half the size it wouldn't be so lauded upon.

Standard design for them. It's cheap, and easy with little work for them to do. And imho getting rather boring.

It’s a tried and trusted template. Rinse and repeat. It’s been successful so far for Renaker. To be fair to Renaker and S&H some of the Great Jackson towers do look good. Elizabeth(especially), the Blade(sleek), Three60(circular), and the Deansgate Square towers.(attractive) The towers may look pretty similar cladding wise, but at least they complement each other.(I think they do) I’m looking forward to seeing the Contour towers with their jagged edges, even though the glass cladding does have that Renaker & S&H look again. As for Trinity Islands, I was hoping for something markedly different. TBH, bar the height of the towers, I’m not overly excited about how they look and the cladding. I‘m hoping the Lighthouse get’s reworked. It probably/definitely won’t, but you never know. Neville and Fred Done have definitely raised the tower design bar with St Michael’s and Viadux 2. Hopefully Renaker will come out of their design comfort zone in the future and propose a tower which is totally different looking cladding wise to their towers on Great Jackson and Greengate. To be fair to Renaker their Greengate towers do look different cladding wise. And they incorporate brickwork around the base of the towers, which is a nice touch and looks really good.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.