Manchester Central Labour Selection

southaustralianblue

So who is going to get up? Lucy Powell is clearly the top candidate, but it is disappointing that there are not better candidates for a very safe seat. I still cant believe Tony Lloyd is going to be in charge of the rozzers. It says something about the quality of local labour potential candidates that this is the best we can do. Central should be a seat for someone who will be a senior minister and really articulate the mcr view in whitehall. I just think we deserve better than a recycled candidate from another electorate

I once met Tony Lloyd in Portcullis House to discuss various proposals that were being lined up for East Manchester. Don't know why, but just from the vibe I was getting, I got the feeling that he had a strong dislike of black people. So this new gig as Police Commissioner will be a match made in heaven.

I emailed Tony Lloyd a few months ago, regarding the FC United stadium proposal in Moston (coming under his constituency)
Twat didn't even acknowledge my email.

Of the 4, well the favourite, is the woman who lost a safe Labour seat in Withington at the last election.
Cllr Amesbury has burnt a fair few bridges in Moston (I know the constituency isn't just Moston!) with his support over the awful stadium plans.
The other cllr is the deputy leader's daughter and no idea what her credentials are to be selected.
The final one is laughable, OK, so he lived in Hulme as a student.... but is a cllr in London.....

From what I gather, this selection of 4 ticks the right boxes - ie 2 males / 2 females, one ethnic minority candidate and one whose sexuality is not straight.

They could select a slug to stand and it would still win in this constituency.
The nearest threat to Labour would (scarily) be the BNP

nashark said:
I once met Tony Lloyd in Portcullis House to discuss various proposals that were being lined up for East Manchester. Don't know why, but just from the vibe I was getting, I got the feeling that he had a strong dislike of black people. So this new gig as Police Commissioner will be a match made in heaven.

Can I ask why you felt he had a strong dislike of black people?

The reason I ask is that I know Tony Lloyd a bit having worked on a number of trade union events with a strong anti-racist theme that Tony has supported such as the Hope Not Hate campaign.

I can only say what my experience of him is, which is of a decent bloke.

I think Tony Lloyd was also trying to recommend to his influential peers that Giggs got a knighthood (until news of the affair was known)

Joe CurryGan said:
I think Tony Lloyd was also trying to recommend to his influential peers that Giggs got a knighthood (until news of the affair was known)

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1409680_arise_sir_ryan_united_star_giggs_should_be_given_a_knighthood_says_mp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... od_says_mp</a>

Correct - what an embarrassment that turned out to be.....
Both the rag MP's Lloyd and Graham Stringer clearly after free tickets to the swamp.... both should concentrate on their own constituents rather than lavishing praise on a multi millionaire sportsman residing in Worsley.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I emailed Tony Lloyd a few months ago, regarding the FC United stadium proposal in Moston (coming under his constituency)

Of the 4, well the favourite, is the woman who lost a safe Labour seat in Withington at the last election.
Cllr Amesbury has burnt a fair few bridges in Moston (I know the constituency isn't just Moston!) with his support over the awful stadium plans.
The other cllr is the deputy leader's daughter and no idea what her credentials are to be selected.
The final one is laughable, OK, so he lived in Hulme as a student.... but is a cllr in London.....

From what I gather, this selection of 4 ticks the right boxes - ie 2 males / 2 females, one ethnic minority candidate and one whose sexuality is not straight.

Ah, the bent councillors of moston who don`t even live there. Like the deputy principal of Manchester college, she also voted for the stadium to be built. How this parasite can be labour after the ttlacks she and her husband peter tavenor made on the trade unionists at the college is beyond belief. Oh and he was the pricipal, a rather cosy set up indeed. Not forgetting councillor Murphy who has got half of his family jobs at the college as well. Fuckin bent parasites the lot of em.

totallywired said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Ah, the bent councillors of moston who don`t even live there. Like the deputy principal of Manchester college, she also voted for the stadium to be built. How this parasite can be labour after the ttlacks she and her husband peter tavenor made on the trade unionists at the college is beyond belief. Oh and he was the pricipal, a rather cosy set up indeed. Not forgetting councillor Murphy who has got half of his family jobs at the college as well. Fuckin bent parasites the lot of em.

Murphy is up for re-election in May. There is an Independent Labour candidate standing against him on the FCUM issue. Good luck to Bob Hill.

Must be awful knowing that labour are going to win the seat every time . Clueless lefties nearly bankrupt the country and flood it with immigrants yet people still vote for them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.