Manchester City v Everton 1969

I was there that day with my Dad and we stood in the open end.I was stood on a small wall at the back of the stand and when Boothy hit that winner the whole place went mad.A fucking Scouser who was leaving tried to pull me down off the wall in temper,but I just kicked the fucker and he soon pissed off.Was there also for the semi against Ipswich who were clear favourites to beat us,when Mr Power hit that tremendous winner in front of the City fans at the Whitton End.

I was there that day with my Dad and we stood in the open end.I was stood on a small wall at the back of the stand and when Boothy hit that winner the whole place went mad.A fucking Scouser who was leaving tried to pull me down off the wall in temper,but I just kicked the fucker and he soon pissed off.Was there also for the semi against Ipswich who were clear favourites to beat us,when Mr Power hit that tremendous winner in front of the City fans at the Whitton End.
Nice one Oakie
As much as I wanted to be in the City end at the Holte End, looking back i was kind of glad to be in the Witton End (which was 2/3'rds City and 1/3 Ipswich with no sign of trouble) because I got to view this with my own eyes.....
Ipswich%20Town%20v%20Manchester%20City%201981.ashx

I was there too, went to most games home and away between 1966 and 1970. Nice to see a close up of Harry Dowd, a very underrated goalkeeper (imo)

I was there right behind the goal , every Blue in the ground seemed to sense it was our moment , the Blues in the seats in the stand to our right started chanting CITY CITY CITY and clapping, stamping on the wooden floor......WTF I thought, these in the day were posh seats , Maine Road Main Stand fans not known for passion except in extreme moments were kicking off to a man. It spread throughout the ground we were howling that ball home . In my minds eye I still see Tommy heading it in but the main stand crowd kicking off still makes me smile. We had a Union Jack with Champions on it, liberated the previous season from the local British Legion.....Happy Day's, never thought anything would eclipse them . We are watching a team now that's given me a joy I never thought would feel again.

I was there right behind the goal , every Blue in the ground seemed to sense it was our moment , the Blues in the seats in the stand to our right started chanting CITY CITY CITY and clapping, stamping on the wooden floor......WTF I thought, these in the day were posh seats , Maine Road Main Stand fans not known for passion except in extreme moments were kicking off to a man. It spread throughout the ground we were howling that ball home . In my minds eye I still see Tommy heading it in but the main stand crowd kicking off still makes me smile. We had a Union Jack with Champions on it, liberated the previous season from the local British Legion.....Happy Day's, never thought anything would eclipse them . We are watching a team now that's given me a joy I never thought would feel again.
Great post :)

I was there that day with my Dad and we stood in the open end.I was stood on a small wall at the back of the stand and when Boothy hit that winner the whole place went mad.A fucking Scouser who was leaving tried to pull me down off the wall in temper,but I just kicked the fucker and he soon pissed off.Was there also for the semi against Ipswich who were clear favourites to beat us,when Mr Power hit that tremendous winner in front of the City fans at the Holte End.

Nice one Oakie
As much as I wanted to be in the City end at the Holte End, looking back i was kind of glad to be in the Witton End (which was 2/3'rds City and 1/3 Ipswich with no sign of trouble) because I got to view this with my own eyes.....
Ipswich%20Town%20v%20Manchester%20City%201981.ashx
I dropped a bollock mate with my ends !! I was definitely in the Holte End and near the top but to the left of that picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.