Manchester Evening News and censorship

sbm

I would be curious to hear of the experiences of other Bluemooners with the censor(s) on the Manchester Evening News forum.

These days fewer of my posts get through. The last one to be rejected by the censor was a comment on Brennan's report on our match with Swansea. I simply wrote: "The best possible response by our lads to the embarrassing MEN 'Keep Tevez' campaign."

I should say that I have never used bad language of any form whatsoever; the only times I have had a 'go' at other particular posters were in response to what I saw as racist comments about Mario; I have never once posted on the United side of the MEN forum (and have hardly ever visited it); and, as regards United, the most provocative thing I have written was to highlight the difference in class between that 34 year banner and City's decision not to parade the FA Cup in front of the Stoke fans at the following league game.

I certainly have been critical of the treatment of City by the MEN and particularly by its 'City correspondent'. Having tried to convince myself I should make allowances for the fact that the latter was a second-rate journalist at least trying to do his best, I did 'snap' once and let out all my pent-up annoyances in a post (a comment on something by Spencer) which was allowed through. Aside from that one rant, I have regularly been more scathing about James Lawton of the Independent and about Paul Hayward of the Guardian (because they are first-rate journalists and fair game); and, to their credit, my posts have been allowed.

Of course, I would particularly welcome someone from the MEN explaining to us the guidelines followed by their forum censors!

I wonder if they have different mods at different times of the day. Sometimes my posts get through no problem. Other times perfectly sensible posts don't get through.

Also I think depending on who the mod supports depends on whether your post gets through. If i'm on the rag pages having a dig sometimes the comments get through but often they don't. There appears to be more rags on the City pages which suggests (no suprises here) that most mods are rags.

To be honest i dont post on MUEN very much these days. Peter Spencer is a 100% prize tool who is obviously very bitter towards City for some reason and has a clear anti City agenda. I wouldn't be suprised if Cookey fucked him off for being a complete twat at some stage and now he hates us. He is shit whenever on Talkshite and is always putting City down. Even when the question is about City he always tries to work in comment about u****d and attempts to turn the converstaion around to them. He sounded genuinely dissapointed that Kun had such a great debut.

Its knobs like Spencer that make me wonder why i bother with the MUEN at all.

A few weeks ago when everyone was posting about all the nonsense speculation, non-news and rehashed stories from other media outlets that MUEN publish every day i made, in my view, the perfectly reasonable comment on the MUEN site that in the day when Peter Gardiner used to travel on the team coach MUEN was close to the manager and the board and MUEN would often get exclusives and be first with the news. Today however i questioned just how close they actually were to the club and speculated that they might be no more informed than the average fan and just like us get most of their info from searching the internet. Did they post it. Did they fuck.

sbm said:
I would be curious to hear of the experiences of other Bluemooners with the censor(s) on the Manchester Evening News forum.

These days fewer of my posts get through. The last one to be rejected by the censor was a comment on Brennan's report on our match with Swansea. I simply wrote: "The best possible response by our lads to the embarrassing MEN 'Keep Tevez' campaign."

I should say that I have never used bad language of any form whatsoever; the only times I have had a 'go' at other particular posters were in response to what I saw as racist comments about Mario; I have never once posted on the United side of the MEN forum (and have hardly ever visited it); and, as regards United, the most provocative thing I have written was to highlight the difference in class between that 34 year banner and City's decision not to parade the FA Cup in front of the Stoke fans at the following league game.

I certainly have been critical of the treatment of City by the MEN and particularly by its 'City correspondent'. Having tried to convince myself I should make allowances for the fact that the latter was a second-rate journalist at least trying to do his best, I did 'snap' once and let out all my pent-up annoyances in a post (a comment on something by Spencer) which was allowed through. Aside from that one rant, I have regularly been more scathing about James Lawton of the Independent and about Paul Hayward of the Guardian (because they are first-rate journalists and fair game); and, to their credit, my posts have been allowed.

Of course, I would particularly welcome someone from the MEN explaining to us the guidelines followed by their forum censors!

I no longer post. It would be the same as posting to the Daily Mirror. The sooner this rag paper folds the better.

Didn't the mirror group buy them out a couple of years ago?

If they did... the best thing they could of done is sack this Spencer guy who is running it like a corner shop and get some one in whose more intellect and Savvy....

I stopped reading this rag loving piece of shit a couple of years ago now and I wouldn't wipe my arse on it.

When I used to go on there rag windowlickers were given carte blanche to write whatever they wanted - including racist comments - but the majority of reasonable replies I made were not posted.

MUEN written for rags by rags, the sooner it goes under the better.

I used to post regularly then because I mentioned that utd got the munich sympathy vote most comments got pulled for nothing.
I post rarely now and dont even look to see if they go on. Its BM all the way for me now.

Was anyone following Peter Spencer's Q&A blog thing last week. There was a question from a blue asking why a mod let a disgusting comment about Mike Doyle's death to be posted by a rag on a story about his funneral. There was no update on the blog for about 7 minutes which is a massive amount of time when you are supposed to be doing a quickfire Q&A session in a one hour slot. Eventually another question appeared which Peter Spencer answered. The question about Mike was completely ignored.

I then submitted a question saying 'please can you answer the question about disgsuting comments posted about Mike Doyle'.

Guess what...completely ignored.

waspish said:
Didn't the mirror group buy them out a couple of years ago?

If they did... the best thing they could of done is sack this Spencer guy who is running it like a corner shop and get some one in whose more intellect and Savvy....

Employing someone with intellect and savvy that would be a first for the Mirror Group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.