Manchester to Newcastle - Train cancellations on Sunday

Having done some searching, it's not that deep (as it stands). Only directs from manchester to Newcastle are affected.

The trains that were going going from Victoria are still running but they're only going as far as York. There are then trains running from York to Newcastle.

9.22 Victoria to York 11.05
9.27 Piccadilly to York 11.36
10.06 Victoria to York 12.03
10.30 Piccadilly to York 12.36

11.08 York to Newcastle
11.31 York to Newcastle
12.31 York to Newcastle
13.31 York to Newcastle
A chance to relive those halcyon days and, for the 150,000 that were there, 19 December 1998 in particular.

Trains back are worse. There's one at 18.43 and one at 19.41. It might be worth leaving early to try catch the 18 43.
Unless there's a lot of added time you shouldn't need to leave early for the 1843. That's the last southbound TPE but assuming other companies will accept tickets, I'd expect a later connection at York would be OK.

Just been announced tonight Jim that Arriva are back in the morning-will be better for next visit for you if you fly into that shit hole again
Heads off to google....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/arriva-bus-strikes-suspended-payment-24781117

Seems your right S. 5 days late, the barstewards. Looking at the Saints game in early oct as a possibility. Have to see how the piggy bank is shaping up a bit nearer the time. Then I'll just have potential train strikes to try to dodge. Might fly into sunny Manchester instead. Then deal with the chaos at Dublin and Manchester airports!

Unless there's a lot of added time you shouldn't need to leave early for the 1843. That's the last southbound TPE but assuming other companies will accept tickets, I'd expect a later connection at York would be OK.
I wouldn't risk it. It will be lucky to finish by 1825 and, 5 mins to get out of the ground and 10 mins walks if no one is in your way, which there will be. Then you need to give it a few mins at the station to get to the right platform etc.

LNER accept TPE on Sunday. Cross Country also run the route although not mentioned as accepting TPE on the TPE website which seems odd!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.