Manchester to Newcastle - Train cancellations on Sunday

LNER accept TPE on Sunday. Cross Country also run the route although not mentioned as accepting TPE on the TPE website which seems odd!!
Then the LNER train at 1903 should connect at York with either the 2006 TPE to Victoria or the 2018 TPE slow train to Piccadilly.

Hope everyone who has trains booked gets there and back without too much hassle. I'm not going to this one but the train is normally my preferred option for the vast majority of aways. However, a combination of strikes, general lack of reliability regarding the running of services, and ever increasing rail prices means I'll be swerving the train for most aways I do this season. I'm intending to do Wolves away on the train but will be looking at the coach for most others.

Lack of staff on TPE has resulted in short notice cancellations at weekends since at least May, not related to the strike per se.
Last May?

It’s been happening on TPE for the last 18 months or more.

when we came back from the game in 2019 i think it was,the 2-2 draw with the de bruyne thunderbastard.it was a sunday afternoon kick off,all the trains were cancelled leaving newcastle for about 1 to 1 and a half hours,when they finally left it was seriously rammed.
I had to stand the entire journey.
it was chaotic

when we came back from the game in 2019 i think it was,the 2-2 draw with the de bruyne thunderbastard.it was a sunday afternoon kick off,all the trains were cancelled leaving newcastle for about 1 to 1 and a half hours,when they finally left it was seriously rammed.
I had to stand the entire journey.
it was chaotic
Must've been another game as that 2-2 draw was an early kick-off on the Saturday

I remember Sunderland away last time we played them in the Premier League. It was a Sunday game and when we got back to Newcastle our train (and others) had been cancelled allegedly due to a balloon on the line ffs! Had to get a later one and change at York but what should've resulted in me getting home for about 9.30pm ended up being after midnight

just
Must've been another game as that 2-2 draw was an early kick-off on the Saturday

I remember Sunderland away last time we played them in the Premier League. It was a Sunday game and when we got back to Newcastle our train (and others) had been cancelled allegedly due to a balloon on the line ffs! Had to get a later one and change at York but what should've resulted in me getting home for about 9.30pm ended up being after midnight
just checked ,it was a saturday.
we got the train from victoria and sat near ricky hattons crew going up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.