Manchester to Newcastle - Train cancellations on Sunday

Must've been another game as that 2-2 draw was an early kick-off on the Saturday

I remember Sunderland away last time we played them in the Premier League. It was a Sunday game and when we got back to Newcastle our train (and others) had been cancelled allegedly due to a balloon on the line ffs! Had to get a later one and change at York but what should've resulted in me getting home for about 9.30pm ended up being after midnight
The balloon was between Darlington and York, caused about a 20 mins delays as was already on the train.

If anyone is driving / minibusing up Sat am (I need to arrive in Darlington 2pmish latest) and has space please let me know.

Just need dropping on the outskirts of Darlington just on A1 roundabout as would be staying in Darlo Sat night.

Trains Sat look shite but coming back ( God and trains allowing ) on the train Sunday.

Last May?

It’s been happening on TPE for the last 18 months or more.
I don’t travel on the train often enough to know when it started, my point was, as you confirm, it’s not related to the strike as suggested in the post I was replying to….

Went from London via Sheffield, took an hour longer but relatively hassle free and cheaper than Avanti. Might keep doing that if the West Coast line is down to one train an hour long term

Could you tell us a bit more about that? I've got the wind up because I was only vaguely aware of train strike troubles — not being a U.K. resident — and when I logged into the Avanti site today to get a gander at train prices up from Euston and back for the rags game 2 October I saw that nothing's being announced, and that you can't buy advance tickets. I know it's a long way ahead, and things might be resolved.
What's the alternative, then? Could you explain it? PM me if you like, but it might be useful info for others having to train up from London for the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.