Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
I honestly dont know

I admire a lot about Hughes tenure, he got a many things right and came across exceptionally well. However he made mistakes too, and some of our performances have been very poor. I do think he would have made it work eventually, and we would have improved, but whether we would have been truly outstanding Im not absolutely sure.

I feel sad for Mark, as I did for Stuart- both seem like decent men who might have had a bit more luck, but if we are aiming for greatness I can understand why our owners consider this to be a window of opportunity and wish to push on more quickly. Lets hope it works.

There, I seem to have convinced myself - still don't like the process tho.

Im dissapointed with the change to be honest, i honestly believe that Hughes was going to steady the ship and be at the helm for many years to come.

However, over the last few games he has made some rather strange decisions and i had a feeling that he would have problems holding onto his job.

Id just like to thank him for all the good work he has managed to do over the last 12 months or so and wish him all the best in the future.

If we are really going to suceed in the Prem, we are going to need managerial consistency or the dreaded position of technical director who will deal solely with the aquisition of the players while the manager is left to running the team.

Never the less, i give a warm welcome to Mancini and hope he can turn our season around.

I am gald Hughes as gone and only time will tell if mancini is the man

The press and media are trying to make it seem like MH was hard done by what do they know they dont watch all the games.The guy was tactically poor.
I had my doubts about MH as early as the forest game and the relegation away form last season but supported the team.

If mancini hits the ground running we can still be challenging for the title and win a trophy this season. Hopefully we will now see some tactics and a plan B when the first half is not going to plan. Not throwing away a lead against poor teams and better use of the 3 subs available. Any player not giving 100% instantly dropped.

Come on City! Top 4 here we come

I'm happy about it. But then I'd have been happy if Hughes had been replaced by any number of managers as he wasn't up to the job.

The club could have done things bettert I'm sure, but these sort of things are never easy to do. Anyaway, he's gone now so it's time to move on. The most disapointing things I've seen are fans already slagging off our new manager, blaming an internet forum(!) for the sacking of Hughes, and even several saying they won't support the club any longer. Ho Hum, fcuk off, you won't be missed.

Yes and No.

We should have done this at the end of last season. I just think that we've gone and spent all that money on a team Hughes wanted, for it to last 4 months. If this becomes a cycle of the way we operate to gain success then we'll end up looking like Chelsea, and then we all look like pricks that bought the league. When this happens then Rags still have the upper hand, no matter what, because of the way they won and their ethics.

It also rings a few alarm bells as to the underhanded way decisions are made, no matter if its for the good of the club. Acting this way will breed mistrust between parties.

The board want guarantees of success. I'd like guarantees too, not of success, but the price of season tickets, tickets, and the club ethic toward the fans. If the board want to go and act this way, if they see opportunity they will raise prices on scales we have seen in the Carling Cup Semi Final, so thats over £200 what you pay now per season easy..... Doing this then disassociates the club from its core fans, bringing in a new breed of fans, all fair enough for the club, not the people. When the club needed the money we were there. Now I'm just going to see what unravels, and if I'm proved right it'll be damn shame, and shame on the board.

I pray that I'm wrong though, and that this is the real beginning! (how many times have we all said this)

Lets get behind em all next week, give a massive welcome to Roberto and show him what we're all about.

Come On City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.