Mancini vs marwood (merged)

Re: Roberto bumps into Marwood today conversation goes

Marwood is a clown, the sooner he goes the better

mcfc ok

Roberto bumps into Marwood today conversation goes

Can anyone not see that we have no room/need for another striker? If we had signed Van Persie, which one out of him, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko gets left out of the squads for the Premier League and Champions League?

As far as we know, nobody has put any bids in for Tevez and Dzeko so to keep throwing up the argument about what if they leave is wrong. Why don't we waste a load of money on a new world class keeper just in case Joe goes?

We have got the best squad in the league and the club are doing the right thing by bringing in younger players that can learn and take over from these players seamlessly in the future.

nehe11 said:
Neville Kneville said:
Drewmanc said:
It's not ridiculous it's bang on. PSG will never fall in line by the time the regulations come in, do they give a fuck? No. Chelsea may have won FA/champs league but they won't fall in line with it either. Fuck the FFPR, I would love to see FiFA boot us,PSG,chelsea,juve etc out ofthe champs league and to see what happens. They need us more than we need them, funnily enough, because we're rich and people clammour to see us/Chelsea et al and the great players we've all signed. A break away European league would be inevitable, creating an even bigger cash cow to the already richest clubs in Europe, now in my eyes that would be an even bigger closed shop than the FFP is already creating.

I don't understand how FIFA can really impose these sanctions at all and not expect us etc to not kick up a stink.

If I owned a newsagents and it was the busiest newsagents around but still losing money and I kept it afloat using my money how can someone come in and say 'sorry you can't stay open if it's not kept going by positive amounts on the shops balance sheet' you would rightly tell them to go fuck themselves and sue them for restriction of trade etc why aren't city threatening FIFA which such things? There are at least 10 clubs would stand by us I would think, probably more!

No.

Actually you are living in toyland & Marwood is living on planet earth.
This people need to get a grip
Exactly. The way some posters are going on it's like we've got a god given right to expect the club to keep losing £200 million a year. It smacks of ingratitude.

The club has a transfer strategy which has served it rather well over the last four years. Van Persie would have represented a departure from that. He will strengthen united, but their purchase of him demonstrates just how much they (and Ferguson in particular) want to get that title back.

Let's make sure we deny them that pleasure. We've certainly got the tools to do it.

Roberto bumps into Marwood today conversation goes

No one knows what Marwood is up to so why not wait till the window closes before making any judgements.

Tevez has come back in great shape that's as good as any new signing IMO.

If you think Mancini wanted RVP, explain why Tevez was brought back into the team in pre-season. He could have forced him out if he wanted

And anyway, £24m plus £200k @ 4 years for a 29 yr old is ridiculous. It's one thing paying that for Yaya who will produce over the length of his contract and have a resale value, it's another to pay that to a player who has undoubtedly had his best season and will blow Utd's transfer budget for the next 12 months.

You can only play catch-up once, and this is Fergie's last throw of the dice. High risk.

City couldn't do this deal from a footballing (sell Aguero or Tevez?) and it doesn't make sense financially either

Who the fuck is saying spunk £200 mil a year is a good idea, it's blatantly not, BUT if we require a midfielder and defender this year then spend what is required, thiago silva went for about £25 mil etc that really isnt much to ask is it? Quite obviously a champs league win ala Chelsea provides much needed funds, is our squad good enough to win that? Not yet I don't think.

There aren't many Thiago Silva knocking about. Not sure we could match PSG's offer. How will they meet FFPRs?

Utd have spent a huge amount this window, but they are no closer because the 2 signicant purchases they have made are the equal on paper of Rodwell and Tevez. in fact you could ague the gap is opening up because Scholes, Giggs, Evra, Wio are past their best now.

Where's the money to replace them? What's going to happen to the dea to replace Evra? if they replace him, then they are in business.

Trouble ofr utd is that they only have so much sticking plaster and they have just used it

Chelsea being the most recent example, and you can add the rags and red dippers recent wins as well, the best squad doesn't necessarily win the Champions League. It's a lottery like ALL cup competitions.

Re: Mancini vs marwood

flightless said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
ranxerox said:
thought this was going to be a discussion about who would win....you know like the ones that start like ..."grizzly bear vs gorilla - who wins"

I'd go with Mancini...assuming of course no weapons allowed.

thoughts?

The 'Grizzly V Gorilla' result sounds more interesting than the thread - how did the voting go? Put me down for the bear..................i think.

The Romans did this sort of thing all the time. Bears beat just about anything else, so good call!

Any other 'who would win' comps?
I'll start; Mike Tyson (in his prime) versus Bruce Lee ..............................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.