Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, of course. He would give more competition. But I think that a new goalkeeper isn't a priority. Ter Stegen's rumoured price would be around £20m and that's quite a lot for a 2nd choice keeper (competing for the #1 spot). That money could be used for something else as we have a massive squad overhaul coming in the summer and a lot of money is going to be spent.

If the powers that be think we can afford it as well as the other targets on Pep's list then why is the value an issue? Pep will have looked at what we have and made a list of what we need.

There are 3 other German GK's I'd hope for before ter Stegen. He makes a lot of mistakes. Yes, sometimes looks amazing but not always a great decision maker. Give me Neur, Leno and Trapp all before 20 million dollar man who never started a La Liga game. Joe Hart is part of the fabric of City. Yes, you wish for a youth and class revolution. Hart is not part of the problem IMO and deserves to stay and play.
I guess the Champions League starts don't mean anything huh?

Just out of pure interest and going a bit off topic, how many of our targets would be affected should we (as in Britain) pull out of Europe

We do need a ball playing keeper.

Either Hart adapts and improves that area of his game, or he will have to leave.

Hart will stay for at least a year to fight for his place, I can't believe anyone actually doubts that, so he'll have a year to improve or he'll get usurped by ter Stegen.

And I'm sure ter Stegen would leave after a year if Hart fended him off - that wouldn't be a problem really.

I think it's funny that so many people are against this, it's like they love Hart but don't actually think he's good enough to beat ter Stegen's challenge if he comes.

What utter rubbish that you've been rolling out.
First, even Manuel Neuer would struggle to distribute the ball to ANY player in the current City side. The lack of movement by players to get into space to receive a pass for the last one and a half seasons has been shocking. Not just from the keeper either - the same applies when defenders and defending midfielders get the ball. This is the NUMBER ONE problem That Pep needs to address when he arrives.
Second City have a problem with a lack of English/home grown players in the side and English players cost an absolute fortune. If you think we're going to sacrifice Hart just because some other keeper has better distribution in a team where always getting yourself into space is just about the number one priority then you're comparing oranges with apples.
Thirdly Hart has been the best keeper in the Premier League for the last two seasons - in a team where the defence leaks like a sive because we play a ridiculously stupid high line and don't pick up runners. They tells me he's a tremendous goalkeeper at stopping the ball ending up in the back of the net - which is the number one job for a keeper. Indeed Hart is probably the best one-on-one keeper in the world - the stats say he is - or have you forgotten the display in the Barcelona last season?

Lets wait and see what happens so we can compare oranges with oranges and not come out with such stupid comments.

Caballero was one of the best keepers in La Liga before he came here and was brought in at Pellegrini's request. Many people thought that he would replace Hart.

Likewise, bringing in a new keeper means that Caballero is leaving. I don't necessarily see it as a measure to replace Hart. Rather just to give him proper competition something which Willy cannot do.

We need a good 2nd keeper as the competition spurs the players on to improve. Hart showed his mentality by not allowing Willy to take his place. I can see him doing exactly the same if ter Stegen is to arrive.

What utter rubbish that you've been rolling out.
First, even Manuel Neuer would struggle to distribute the ball to ANY player in the current City side. The lack of movement by players to get into space to receive a pass for the last one and a half seasons has been shocking. Not just from the keeper either - the same applies when defenders and defending midfielders get the ball. This is the NUMBER ONE problem That Pep needs to address when he arrives.
Second City have a problem with a lack of English/home grown players in the side and English players cost an absolute fortune. If you think we're going to sacrifice Hart just because some other keeper has better distribution in a team where always getting yourself into space is just about the number one priority then you're comparing oranges with apples.
Thirdly Hart has been the best keeper in the Premier League for the last two seasons - in a team where the defence leaks like a sive because we play a ridiculously stupid high line and don't pick up runners. They tells me he's a tremendous goalkeeper at stopping the ball ending up in the back of the net - which is the number one job for a keeper. Indeed Hart is probably the best one-on-one keeper in the world - the stats say he is - or have you forgotten the display in the Barcelona last season?

Lets wait and see what happens so we can compare oranges with oranges and not come out with such stupid comments.

Really? Fancy pointing out anything I've said that's wrong?

Your comment, like most here is basically "BUT JOE'S A GREAT SHOTSTOPPER!!!!!"

Yes he is, but thats not enough, and I don't believe any City fan thinking rationally actually thinks Hart is composed and calm with the ball at his feet, and it's just Pellegrini that's stopping him from showing off his brilliant skill on the ball. You can see he is not, just by looking at him whenever the ball does actually go back to him, and the reluctance with which any of the back four actually involves him.

He's not good on the ball, and if he's going to stay then he's going to have to change that, or Pep will bench him and then sell him.

I hope he adapts, I'm not convinced he will, but I hope he does as I'd love for Hart to stay. But I'm glad we are linked with goalkeepers so that if he can't deliver what Guardiola want's we don't sacrifice an entire season because the goalkeeper can't do what he has to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.