Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the financial problem we face is that we are now trying to improve a PL team that continues to win trophies so only top players must be selected if improvement is desired.
Our selection therefore makes them more valuable to their existing Clubs not necessarily to another buying Club but definitely to City. Otherwise we would have no need to select outside of our world class squad.

How the fuck have they got away with doing this?
Did they even consult with any of the companies they hold liabilities with?

They were €1.5 billion in debt, and snowballing, before this deal.
This deal will cost them between €800m and €1billion.
So in reality they are actually €2.5b - €500m received = €2billion and growing by the day.

It’s the way their club with electing presidents who only care about the next season or two at best is a huge part of the problem to me. They go, certainly recently, for short term popularism versus long term security of the club.

I find it strange someone will buy the TV rights of a club 20 years in to the future that has shown itself to be mismanaged and it’s questionable they’ll have the means to rebuild the squad although the age of the squad will help. You could argue they’ll do it organically with youth but that’s not the current Barcelona way - they demand a marquee signing or 10 every season.

Some hypocrites on here, angry when we sell a player for "under" valuation , yet angry when a club put a high valuation on a player they don't want to sell.

So by some logic on here if Barca bid 50m for Bernardo we should sell because he wants to go.

I don't give 2 shits what Cucurell wants, he signed a very good deal with Brighton, he has to honor it, UNLESS we agree a deal with Brighton.
I really think you are getting angry at yourself and arguing with yourself.

No one has said brighton are not entitled to pick their price, they might as well say he is worth 70m because of what we paid for Grealish since you like bringing him up.

City are also entitled to move on if they feel nothing is happening.

One final push and then City move on. Hopefully Raum, as he’s got a fairly low fee. Not the biggest fan of Grimaldo. I’d take Sosa for the Croatian factor.

Can’t see City going overboard with their next offer, as we’ve seen in the past.

I really think you are getting angry at yourself and arguing with yourself.

No one has said brighton are not entitled to pick their price, they might as well say he is worth 70m because of what we paid for Grealish since you like bringing him up.

City are also entitled to move on if they feel nothing is happening.
If FFP was brought in to stop teams doing a Leeds, how are Barca being allowed to gamble everthing on what might go well but could easily end up pear shaped?

One final push and then City move on. Hopefully Raum, as he’s got a fairly low fee. Not the biggest fan of Grimaldo. I’d take Sosa for the Croatian factor.

Can’t see City going overboard with their next offer, as we’ve seen in the past.
Superstitions don't work in football, it's nonsense. We had Corluka here and didn't win the UCL.

If FFP was brought in to stop teams doing a Leeds, how are Barca being allowed to gamble everthing on what might go well but could easily end up pear shaped?
The European elite can do as they wish - they are the true powerbase in Uefa.

The fact that the leak says we are “close” to walking away suggests this is still a negotiation tactic and we aren’t done yet.

When this has happened previously (Koulibaly, Kane), the leaks came out saying we’d “ended our interest”.
Just think you are overthinking it personally. Brighton still have no reason to lower their price, they are not desperate to sell.

We are still hoping for changes and have not stopped talking yet obviously which is why our interest has not fully ended.

Hate the idea of arm twisting a club into the deal but if one is required then it is this one. We should tell Cucu's agent to tell Cucurella to hand in a transfer request and go on a strike. We can then wait till end of August when his market value would have plummeted and then see how Bloom reacts to it. Still think this will be done at £35m + £7m in add on.

Part of me does think that the club have to just pay the money to be honest. The fee of 50m is not a lot of money in terms of what he can give us as a team defensively and offensively, and the versatility he offers us.

Last season if we have had adequate cover at full back and Haaland upfront we'd have won the Champions League last season. Instead, Fernandinho got done by Vinicius at full back on the half way line, and we squandered so many chances a top class striker would have put away. We lost the 2nd leg due to Walker's absence.

If it was my money, I'd pay the 50m. I do think the club will make the right decision eventually but Cucurella is brilliant defensively and going forward, and there aren't many better options out there for what we need from a full back. If that offers us cover, and improves us on the flanks then surely we should just pay the money as he would be easily worth 50m over the course of a season to us. We've made big money from the players going out and like others say we've paid 100m for Grealish (a player we did not desperately need at the time), so we've set a precedent really and Brighton will exploit that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.