Marc Vivien Foe

hallsteve62

As part of the 'Mark it for Marc' commemorations the Prestwich and Whitefield branch present a Tribute Dinner for Marc Vivien Foe at the Palace Hotel, Manchester on Friday 26 April 2013. Doors open at 6.30 pm for a 7.30 pm start. We are expecting to have a number of City Legends in attendance. Tickets are £45.00 each or £400.00 for a table of 10.

For more information contact Phil on 07956 459131 or Paul on 07883 431565, email pwblues@btinternet.com or go to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/groups/PWMCFCSC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.facebook.com/groups/PWMCFCSC</a>

hallsteve62 said:
As part of the 'Mark it for Marc' commemorations the Prestwich and Whitefield branch present a Tribute Dinner for Marc Vivien Foe at the Palace Hotel, Manchester on Friday 26 April 2013. Doors open at 6.30 pm for a 7.30 pm start. We are expecting to have a number of City Legends in attendance. Tickets are £45.00 each or £400.00 for a table of 10.

For more information contact Phil on 07956 459131 or Paul on 07883 431565, email pwblues@btinternet.com or go to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/groups/PWMCFCSC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/groups/PWMCFCSC</a>

As they say.. 'it should be a good do! '

corky1970 said:
listen, might be a bit disrespectful, but im getting old

just how good was this guy.?

from what i remember he was YAYA esk ?

quality

Exactly.

Just imagine Yaya 10 years ago. We only had him for a season but he has the honour of being the last City player to score at Maine Road.

'23' Legend

corky1970 said:

quality

he was nowhere near the quality of Yaya; a very decent player and a really good bloke by all accounts, but not at the same level as Yaya

corky1970 said:
BringBackSwales said:
corky1970 said:

quality

he was nowhere near the quality of Yaya; a very decent player and a really good bloke by all accounts, but not at the same level as Yaya

cheers bud,

no problem corky (lets see if you still call me bud after reading my post in your transfer forum thread, lol)

BringBackSwales said:
corky1970 said:

quality

That's funny as Foe played in a lesser side and was wanted by most teams in Europe at his peak.

His goal record is better too.

Yay a is 16 in 88 for City at 1 goal every 5.5 games.

Foe was 9 in 35 for City at 1 goal every 3.9 games.

It's all about opinions but Foe was very very close in all aspects to Yaya and his goal ratio suggests he was a better finisher.

BringBackSwales said:
corky1970 said:

quality

would it be fair to say he was the equivalent of yaya - not as gifted as yaya but still as relatively important to the team and the style of play, given that we were a level below what we are today?

MaineRoadBlue said:
corky1970 said:

quality

Exactly.

Just imagine Yaya 10 years ago. We only had him for a season but he has the honour of being the last City player to score at Maine Road.

'23' Legend

Absolutely spot-on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.