Mark Hughes....

dancity19

This is not an anti Hughes thread. I'm really warming him at the moment; The last 3 league results have been good, even if the blackburn game was lucky, he seems to conduct his press conferences well, and so far he has bought well. I always said, even when i was a 'hughes out' person, that he is very good in the transfer market. He is now seeming to get the results right, and I am fairly confident that we will beat Newcastle. However, the one problem with him, which I think he needs to address is his man management. I hope there isn't a problem with it, but i do question it. He does seem to go for players who he is sure will respect him; bridge-probably respects him from the days at southampton, and Bellamy- a mate of his, and Hughes was prob one of Bellamys heroes as a boy. I think if players begin to disrespect Hughes, he really doesn't like that: Elano. I just hope the whole Robinho situation is dealt with amicably and professionally, and that bit of disrespect that Robinho has shown doesn't come between him and Hughes, and that Hughes doesn't hold a grudge. Fair enough, Robinho has an ego, and deservedly so, but I just hope Hughes lears to deal with egos in the right manner, as city will be getting more ego's soon, and if Hughes wants to continue as manager (which currently I hope he does) I think he needs to improve on his man management skills. All the same, I have a feeling that regardless ofhow we do now, he will get sacked in the summer, but you never know, if we win say 80% of the games he could stay.

I like Hughes a lot. I don't hold with this charm offensive bullshit. You can hardly see bacon chops giving his players a hug every morning and he has had some measure of success. Mark Hughes may be in a new situation with world class players under him but he spent most of his playing life at the top of the game. I can see City being gritty in defence and flowing in attack once the difficult children realise who is in charge and that suits me fine :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.