Marriage/happiness/longevity.

We been together 27 years and married 23.

It's a doddle. Never understood this nonsense about having to work at it. If that the case you are thinking way too much.

Go with the flow. Treat each other with respect. Be normal. Surely that was what got you together in your first place
32 & counting ....you nailed the secret, respect & work things out together.

12 years now with mrs ww the 3rd. Married only 18 months. Coping just!

Together for 16 years, married for 5. Couldn’t be happier and she’s happy for me to go City home and away. Dunno what I do but it’s working

10 years married in October.

The secret for me is never make it about yourself, and it the other half does the same then you’ll both be happy.

Too many of us make choices which we know are not the right ones. Too many don't want to be alone so they compromise themselves at the altar of coupledom. Finding a partner with a common bond, goals and ability to communicate is a journey that takes more time than a lot are willing to invest. Some are just blessed that what they find just works out. Most, including myself, were not so lucky and made bad choices. Fortunately, I learned from them. There was nothing wrong with the women concerned and I wish them the very best of fortune, they just were not right for me and that was my fault for making a choice to be with them when I knew my heart was not in it.

Still in love with the woman I married 38 years ago, the secret ? To me it's the things you DONT say, when you are in the middle of a row and that cutting, hurtful,spiteful remark is on the tip of your tongue or on hers think for just a second longer and DONT say it. That's not to say you can't express opinions but you know what I mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.