Martin Atkinson to ref spurs v scum game

we can't rely on spurs

we have to win this for ourselves

every match a cup final

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Martin Atkinson who reffed United against us last month?

You know, the same guy who sent Komps off and was last seen laughing as Slur Alex put his arm around him at the final whistle, asking why he didn't give them another penalty for the Kolarov challenge.

Or the same Martin Atkinson who played seven minutes of added-on time in the 4-3 game at Old Trafford.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Martin Atkinson who reffed United against us last month?

You know, the same guy who sent Komps off and was last seen laughing as Slur Alex put his arm around him at the final whistle, asking why he didn't give them another penalty for the Kolarov challenge.

Or the same Martin Atkinson who played seven minutes of added-on time in the 4-3 game at Old Trafford.
Could you possibly be suggesting a hint of bias Tolmie?

squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Could you possibly be suggesting a hint of bias Tolmie?

More in response to the OP, who stated he had not officiated a manure game for over a year?

I might be wrong, but I also think Atkinson was the ref who sent-off Mario for an innocuous collision at Liverpool.

His sending-off of Komps proved he can be influenced by Rooney and the rest of the scum.

Atkinson now thinks he is part of the circle of trust, the one where Ferguson actually grants an acknowledgement of their existence.

On the flip side, he also reffed our FA Cup Final win last year, he could easily have given Stoke an early penalty I've seen given for less.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Wasn't it Chris Foy who sent VK off in the cup game?

nijinskybell said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Wasn't it Chris Foy who sent VK off in the cup game?

Yep
Atkinson was the 7 mins from 4 though for the 4-3 years ago

After the 2009 Manchester derby at Old Trafford, Atkinson was criticised by Manchester City's then-manager Mark Hughes for bad time-keeping after Manchester United had scored an injury-time winner. The fourth official had signalled four minutes of additional time, but Michael Owen scored a 96th-minute goal, handing United a dramatic 4–3 win.[11] Atkinson was defended by former referee Graham Poll, himself considered one of England's greatest officials,[12] who pointed out that during injury time itself there had been a goal celebration, a substitution and a delay caused by a fan on the pitch.[13] The incident led to City questioning the late appointment of Atkinson to the 2010 Manchester derby

In September 2010, Atkinson was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after a time-keeping dispute with Everton manager David Moyes. Everton had scored two injury-time goals to make the score 3–3 against Manchester United, but Atkinson then blew his final whistle while Everton were midway through an attack with a chance of a winner.[15] Though it should be noted Everton had already squandered the chance, with Phil Jagielka shooting straight at Van Der Sar.

n April 2010, Birmingham City central defender Roger Johnson censured Atkinson after the official awarded rivals Aston Villa a late penalty in the Second City derby, for an apparent foul by Johnson on Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor. Television replays appeared to show Johnson had played the ball, and manager Alex McLeish also criticised the decision which gave Villa a 1–0 home win.[16]

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson censured Atkinson in March 2011 following his refereeing of United's away fixture with Chelsea. He called Chelsea's 80th-minute penalty award "very soft"; Frank Lampard converted the spot-kick to secure a 2–1 win for the hosts. Ferguson also felt that Atkinson should have issued a second yellow card to Chelsea defender David Luiz earlier in the second-half for an apparent trip on Wayne Rooney. It was not the first time Atkinson came under scrutiny after officiating this fixture; in the previous season Ferguson criticised him for awarding Chelsea a free-kick, from which captain John Terry scored the only goal of the game.[17]

On 1 October 2011, Atkinson came under fire for sending off Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell in the 23rd minute of a Merseyside derby at Goodison Park, which was ultimately won 2—0 by Liverpool. The official erroneously adjudged Rodwell to have committed a foul worthy of a straight red card, although replays suggested the player won the ball cleanly and safely from Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.[18] In a post-match interview, Everton manager David Moyes claimed the derby was "ruined" by the decision to send off Rodwell.[19]

After Atkinson dismissed Stoke City's Robert Huth for a first-half tackle on David Meyler in a snow-hit Premier League fixture against Sunderland on 4 February 2012, Stoke manager Tony Pulis attacked the referee's decision and Meyler for apparently simulating injury despite Huth making no contact in the challenge. Pulis said: "Robert skids in but doesn't touch the player. The referee hasn't taken the conditions into consideration. The player rolls around and stays down... to get him sent off. It's a disease that's creeping into the game." Sunderland's manager Martin O'Neill described Huth's tackle as a "nasty challenge"[20] and the Football Association later rejected a Stoke City appeal against the red card.[21]

After upsetting Ferguson, he wasnt given a Utd game for over a year. he was due to ref the Utd v Pool game though a few weeks back, but called in sick and was replaced by the most lenient ref going in Halsey.
he was the ref in the Cup Final win over Stoke though

The cop out for the time added on added on time derby was the pits, the amount of people the day after making excuses for what was a corrupt refereeing was moronic, he deliberately put united on the front foot when Carlos was barged in the back by I think carrick but awarded them the free kick, shithouse decision by a shithouse official.

mancunial said:
The cop out for the time added on added on time derby was the pits, the amount of people the day after making excuses for what was a corrupt refereeing was moronic, he deliberately put united on the front foot when Carlos was barged in the back by I think carrick but awarded them the free kick, shithouse decision by a shithouse official.

It was laughable at the time the length some people went to, just to justify the deicion. Yet all the reasons why he added 7 not 4 on only seemed to be upheld for that 1 game and never seen again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.