Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
Martin had a great game and got hung out to dry by a bad pass lay off the man FFS
He had a reasonable game before the sending off.

He gave the ball away under no pressure three times in the first half. He lacks communication and, because of this, got in a muddle of who should go for the ball with Clichy which lead to a mad panic. He dived in too much in the first half, missing one tackle and allowing Sanchez a clear run into our box and very very nearly created a situation where he looked like he was about to take down one of their players in the box but luckily the ball bobbled about and got cleared.

Other than that he did some things very well. He was far from great though.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Martin had a great game and got hung out to dry by a bad pass lay off the man FFS
Can't agree with this - gave the ball away when under pressure - out of defence. Lescott would not have done any better though. Our left side was weak in the attacking phases.

I'd have been happier seeing Lescott starting. yes he looks shaky in possetion at times, but I think he and VK have a better understanding of each others game.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Ric said:
I don't really blame Demichelis for that challenge, it was a split-second decision to go for the ball and I'm not convinced any of our other centre halves wouldn't have done the same thing.

I actually thought he was playing quite well until then, though we certainly need another top quality defender this summer, but the club are obviously well aware of that.
Well said and very objective, some fans get too personal with our players without clear reason.
And some like myself see it as an error of judgement. He gambled, he got it wrong, it happens.

RandomJ said:
steviemc said:
RandomJ said:
The alternative was to chase him putting him under pressure and leave it to Hart to see if he could save Messi's shot. Messi has missed one on ones before believe it or not. The worst thing he could have done is what he did.
FFS. You think MD can give Messi a yard head start and put him under pressure. Give me strength - you're in dreamland. The only alternatives were to bring him down or leave him alone. It happens with defenders chasing attackers down almost every week in football, and has been since before we were alive.

No like we said the alternative was to leave it to Hart. Messi has missed one on ones before and he could have done tonight. He had a slim chance of winning the ball and even if he did the way the ref was tonight he'd still have sent him off. It was a stupid decision, he fucked it up and rightly got sent off. I really don't get why there are some people trying to defend his fuck up.

And if he had left it to Hart when Messi inevitably scored you'd have been the first on here criticising Demichellis for not even trying to stop Messi. Then someone would have made a hilarious comment about how we'd have been better off without him on the field anyway and that he should have just fouled Messi.

I would have played Lescott from the start, but MP gets paid to make that decision, he knows his players, his call.

That said I saw the game on TV tonight, as soon as MD made the "tackle" I called penalty. Only the replays said it was not a penalty, so I don't blame the ref (except for not giving the earlier foul)

In fairness to MD, he made the tackle outside the box, those of us that have played know that when we make that type of tackle it is best to make it outside the box especially against a quicker player. I feel MD knew where he was and knew that was the time to make the tackle.

One of those things, the ref got it wrong twice but I think honestly, the player got it wrong, but had little choice but to commit when he did. UNLUCKY...., Playing incident we move on... no need to castigate either player or ref.

However on the plus side, we know we can go forward, we know what we have to do, we can still do it. How many times have we scored 4+ this season. We might not and lose heavily, but the tie is far from over if we go for it away.

Come on you lot support the lads (Yes MD has a part to play in the season)

CMON CITY ... Champions League Winners 2014...

ManCitizens. said:
steviemc said:
RandomJ said:
The alternative was to chase him putting him under pressure and leave it to Hart to see if he could save Messi's shot. Messi has missed one on ones before believe it or not. The worst thing he could have done is what he did.
FFS. You think MD can give Messi a yard head start and put him under pressure. Give me strength - you're in dreamland. The only alternatives were to bring him down or leave him alone. It happens with defenders chasing attackers down almost every week in football, and has been since before we were alive.

Leave him alone then. A one on one and eleven men is better than a penalty/ free kick and 10 men.
Hindsight eh? If only we knew that Messi would be inside the area, if only MD wasn't quick enough to get a challenge on him (which is fookin ironic since he's so slow). If only Messi wasn't so prolific therefore he would be likely to miss...

angleseyblue said:
I'd have been happier seeing Lescott starting. yes he looks shaky in possetion at times, but I think he and VK have a better understanding of each others game.

Oh dear nervous nereas are u sure?

Gaylord du Bois said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Ric said:
I don't really blame Demichelis for that challenge, it was a split-second decision to go for the ball and I'm not convinced any of our other centre halves wouldn't have done the same thing.

I actually thought he was playing quite well until then, though we certainly need another top quality defender this summer, but the club are obviously well aware of that.
Well said and very objective, some fans get too personal with our players without clear reason.
And some like myself see it as an error of judgement. He gambled, he got it wrong, it happens.
I noticed tonight that the posters earlier on were all slating him to the hilt and saying get rid, liability etc, then once the match-going forumites come on here there's more balance to proceedings. It happens a lot, this scapegoating, and it's fucking boring.

I wish someone would have brought Alves down instead of him putting the ball through Harts legs VERY easily. Maybe that's why MDM did what he did. Lack of trust in the keeper? Mmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.