MartinO'Neill

O'Neill is a very fine manager and I don't believe he has ever had a bad word to say about us. Very honest man and I wouldn't be suprised at a few clubs assessing their current manager very carefully with a view to dumping them in favour of him. He's clearly been made very aware that Villa are a selling club and have no aspirations to break the top 4. I'm not suprised he's left if it's over not been given the Milner money. I bet he was the one who went in for Milner because he saw the potential and he should expect all the money to be made available if Milner is sold. He's made the club a nice profit and they should re-invest if they want to challenge. I bet A.villa fans are fuming!

Re: MON resigns

C_T_I_D said:
1) Will this scupper the Milner deal?
2) What does this mean for the future of Stephen Ireland?
3) How the hell do Aston Villa prepare to appoint a new manager within 5 days?

Aston Villa will drop like a stone now in my opinion. All the overachievement with average players will stop. Perhaps Ashley Young was sold to Spurs aswell as Milner being sold to us and that forced his hand?

Cant see Ireland being prepared to sign for them if he doesn't know who the new manager is

malg said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
MON wanted McGeady from Celtic,who wanted £9m - £10m.MON said last week it all depends on Milner being sold (to us).
Today it emerges McGeady is signing for Spartak Moscow for....£10m.
Lerner is canny with his dosh (i.e. miserable fuker)
MON resigns the same day.All the talk also re Superman etc,Lerner was shafting MON for dosh basically.
Please,all the people who slag MON off,he is a very good manager,a players manager.He would probably still be at Celtic,but for his wife's (Geraldine) illness.So please,give the guy a break.
I've not gone through all the pages, but I take it from your post that O'Neill has been taking some stick. If he has, then it is unjustified. The bloke is a brilliant manager, and my only dislike for him is the fact that I can see him taking over from bacon face one day. His timing is wank though, as the top job at Liverpool has gone, and he would have been a shoe in for that. Christ only knows where he'll go now.
cheers malg,i went through the whole fukn 17.
MON isn't too liked,cos some people think he's in line for the next rag job.
Hate,to say this,but it is quite a big,well paid job.

fukn helmet on

On a side note, the half-wits at Newcastle sold Milner and then pushed Keegan out by not letting him run the team. I fully believe they would have stayed up easily if they'd have kept Milner and allowed Keegan to make all the 1st team choices (player aquisitions etc). Now Villa are going to sell Milner, not re-invest all the money and have lost O'neill. I don't think they're looking at relegation but there are some very ambitious sides in the Prem (Sunderland, Birmingham, etc) who will gladly take Villas Europa Cup place next season.

NantwichBlue said:
alera said:
Hes gone been confirmed on BBC news 24. With immediate effect.

I am shocked obviously this Milner deal have caused a huge amount of damage with the owner - manager. Result thats villa we dont have to worry about !

Is the financial situation really that bad at Villa ? They are selling all these player bringing no one in. Hes obviously been told he has to sell and wont get much of the money to spend so hes done one. Really is very very bad with new season 5 days away. Hopefully we get Milner and Ireland stays ?

Made a loss of over £40 million last year and Lerner has an outstanding loan of £120 million. Looks like he's unwilling to bank roll the club anymore.

Lerner's used to the NFL, where every owner is pretty much guaranteed a profit, because of the revenue sharing, tv deals, and salary cap-- no matter how their team performs, they make money.

I don't rate O'Neill that highly. I think his teams are very good at what they do and he does get the best out of his players (although i think that's largely due to the fact that he's very good at buying players that fit into his style of play), but his style of play is very one-dimensional. He's followed the same formula for each job and the team he creates is pretty limited. I really doubt he could cut it at a top job.

I don't think he could have taken Villa any further anyway, now he's had an excuse to leave with his reputation in tact.

I thought o'neill was an arse towards the end of last season. My rangers mate had slagged him for years. Only towards the end of last season I began to see the annoying side of him. Stuff he said about us before te city match and his antics on the sideline at the home game. He just wants to be brian clough! Never be as good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.