Match day Experience American Style

AshtonBlueMooner

In Florida at the minute so decided to go to a game, Orlando City v Columbus Crew. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole match day experience and partisan support by the OCSC fans.

The tickets were expensive, a lot more expensive than we pay, as most things were, but the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. Fans wore their colours which I'm sure added to the experience and the standing end was very similar to what you get in Germany, drums, bouncing about, a lot of colour and a lot of noise.....all game. Some of the songs were a bit cheesy but the feeling of being close to the action, being allowed to drink beer in the stands all added to the experience. Fans aren't allowed to move from the seats unless the ball goes out of play, great idea and they have vendors flogging beer like the kids that used to walk round the perimeter at Maine Road with their maxpax, pies and chocolate.

Prices were extortionate for beer, food etc and the football on show was probably League 1 standard at best. Young kid who used to play for City academy, Mohammed Abu, played for Columbus Crew and stood out as a steady midfielder so you can see the level these lads are at. All in all a good night out, bit pricey but the atmosphere was really good. Oh, and fans started leaving about 80 mins onwards.

One word. Purple!

Two words. Purple Kaka!

I prefer Sky Blue Villa! :-)

Hope NYCFC can sort themselves a stadium some time soon. I don't think Yankee Stadium does them any favors.

In Florida at the minute so decided to go to a game, Orlando City v Columbus Crew. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole match day experience and partisan support by the OCSC fans.

The tickets were expensive, a lot more expensive than we pay, as most things were, but the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. Fans wore their colours which I'm sure added to the experience and the standing end was very similar to what you get in Germany, drums, bouncing about, a lot of colour and a lot of noise.....all game. Some of the songs were a bit cheesy but the feeling of being close to the action, being allowed to drink beer in the stands all added to the experience. Fans aren't allowed to move from the seats unless the ball goes out of play, great idea and they have vendors flogging beer like the kids that used to walk round the perimeter at Maine Road with their maxpax, pies and chocolate.

What does that mean? you have lost me here you cannot go in the concourse? what if you need a piss?

Bar drinking in the stands and it being terraced and them singing the rest of it I could easily do without(all in replica shirts, and a drummer), but then give me a couple of misserable bastards next to me shouting "rubbish" all game any day and I am happy

But then I am a misserable fucker who find the term 'match day experience' irritatiting

Seems like FA Cup Final prices for League One standard! I think the people in charge of all things football in this country govern from the comfort of hospitality and simply lump everyone in with the Hadjuk Split fans who turned up at EFC t'other night and so we get the nonsense which descends on people once yer on the terraces!

What does that mean? you have lost me here you cannot go in the concourse? what if you need a piss?
Bar drinking in the stands and it being terraced and them singing the rest of it I could easily do without(all in replica shirts, and a drummer), but then give me a couple of misserable bastards next to me shouting "rubbish" all game any day and I am happy
But then I am a misserable fucker who find the term 'match day experience' irritatiting
He means you can only leave when the ball is dead so you don't get fucking idiots going out and blocking the views of others in the middle of an attack.
And I'll agree that the term "match day experience" is very irritating. The "experience" should all be about the 90 minutes of play.

He means you can only leave when the ball is dead so you don't get fucking idiots going out and blocking the views of others in the middle of an attack.
And I'll agree that the term "match day experience" is very irritating. The "experience" should all be about the 90 minutes of play.

So what if you need a piss? what if you feel bilious? seems a bit idiotic and constrictive to me, if you need to leave your seat then you need to leave your seat, and if it's to stop people being up and down to the bar/food outlet then shut them throughout the playing time.

Last edited:
Going to the match became the 'match day experience' when clubs realized that they could charge more for providing exactly the same service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.