Match Fixing Charges!

Bluemoon115 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
One Premiership match involving Wigan & Fulham a couple of seasons ago is strongly suspected to have been fixed, due to irregular betting patterns, and was supposedly being looked at by the FA.

And how many who cheered at our 5-1 demolition of Hull knew that a number of Hull players had allegedly laid heavy money on a big loss?

Thats their loss though, sod all to do with us if they decide to throw a game.

Their gain I think you meant! Just trying to make the point that match fixing goes on in the Premiership as well. Doesn't necessarily need two teams.

Thanx4Knives said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7964790.stm

Uefa will bring match-fixing charges against a European club within days, European football's governing body said on Wednesday.

Ten preliminary matches from the current Uefa Cup season and 15 from last season had been under review for irregular betting patterns.

"There are a number of cases we have been looking at," said Uefa general secretary David Taylor.

"Within the next couple of days we'll be issuing charges against one club."

Uefa will launch a gambling investigating unit next season featuring experts who will review suspected irregularities in matches from European competitions.

"Uefa is setting up this betting fraud detection system across Europe to include 27,000 matches in the first and second division in each national association," Taylor said at the Uefa congress.

"Only a few matches cause us problems but we are determined to root out this problem."

Uefa president Michel Platini added: "There is a grave danger in the world of football and that is match-fixing.

"The match-fixing is the greatest problem. If you know who is winning, there is no reason to play anymore. Buying players and referees is what worries me."

Meanwhile, Geoff Thompson, the former Football Association chairman, has been re-elected as a Uefa vice-president.

It couldnt be the eye ties again! Could it?

its the rags v barcelona last season semi.
barca threw it! for ginger dollars

rickyyt said:
Thanx4Knives said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7964790.stm

Uefa will bring match-fixing charges against a European club within days, European football's governing body said on Wednesday.

Ten preliminary matches from the current Uefa Cup season and 15 from last season had been under review for irregular betting patterns.

"There are a number of cases we have been looking at," said Uefa general secretary David Taylor.

"Within the next couple of days we'll be issuing charges against one club."

Uefa will launch a gambling investigating unit next season featuring experts who will review suspected irregularities in matches from European competitions.

"Uefa is setting up this betting fraud detection system across Europe to include 27,000 matches in the first and second division in each national association," Taylor said at the Uefa congress.

"Only a few matches cause us problems but we are determined to root out this problem."

Uefa president Michel Platini added: "There is a grave danger in the world of football and that is match-fixing.

"The match-fixing is the greatest problem. If you know who is winning, there is no reason to play anymore. Buying players and referees is what worries me."

Meanwhile, Geoff Thompson, the former Football Association chairman, has been re-elected as a Uefa vice-president.

It couldnt be the eye ties again! Could it?

its the rags v barcelona last season semi.
barca threw it! for ginger dollars

I was going to suggest last years chimps league final........

If it is Zenit then I suppose Rangers would get last years title and and guess would get the supercup (I dearly hope not).

The Premier league is so bent it's unbelievable, yet the FA seem to be colluding with it.

If any of the corruption was revealed it would make Serie A look like chimps tea party.

I have always been suspicious of why the Scum draw such easy teams in any cup competition they are playing in!

That should surely be investigated by all the governing bodies in football.

Accrington v Bury is still being investigated re irregular betting pattern on Merseyside

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.