Match of the Day - 2015/16

Absolutely ridiculous to pull the play back for a free kick after playing advantage when Southampton ran the ball another 20 yards before they lost it in open play. He did it another time too.
Commentator I had on NBC thought the ref had blown as the player needed treatment and was astounded when learning he had brought play back.
I wish someone could actually time how long it was they had the ball before he blew.
The ref did the same last week against Liverpool, waved on.... Liverpool carry on and then lost possession so the ref blews up....

Ref is not supposed to give '2 bites at the cherry' ie pull it back for lost possession or missed shot when advantage is given as happened in at least one of the two incidents yesterday and against Liverpool.. I don't have an issue with them bringing play back, however, yesterday the same thing happened for nailed on fouls against aguero and yaya and these did not get pulled back. We probably didn't get an advantage signalled in the first place

John Motson's commentary of Bournemouth v Everton was all wrong, he sounded as though he couldn't think of what to say and twice after goals all he came up with was a shocked "its gone in". Do we think its time he was put out to grass?

John Motson's commentary of Bournemouth v Everton was all wrong, he sounded as though he couldn't think of what to say and twice after goals all he came up with was a shocked "its gone in". Do we think its time he was put out to grass?

I've been of the opinion that Motson just goes through the motions for years now. But in all honesty the whole MotD format is tired and needs putting out to grass. The concept of 'experts' in the studio just being wise after the event is definitely the worst part of the whole thing. We don't need Shearer or Mills to tell us Newcastle didn't defend too well yesterday. FFS! We watched the highlights, we can figure it out for ourselves! All they essentially do is freeze-frame a certain incident and then tell us how it all would have panned differently if player A had been standing a bit nearer player B then player C could have intercepted the pass. Yeah, and if Lee Harvey Oswald had enjoyed a lie-in that morning in Dallas, Kennedy might not have been killed.

Was there any mention of the top of the Prem standings at any point after the Leicester manu game started? Don't recall there being any?
Right at the end, Tyler sneered his only mention of us remaining top of the league. If the dark side had won he would have been trumpeting it every other sentence and they'd have had a three minute loop of the table all over SSN. BT were at it in their game today too, a single mention ..."current league leaders Man City".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.