Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Hodgson is spot on there!

Instead of talking about little incidences in the game like penalties, more concentration should go into tactical analysis because that’s what 99% of the game is about

The pundits (and, scarily, coaches too) are so stuck in the past and do not know/understand the laws of the game when it comes to offside here.

You can forgive Lawro as he’s so past it it’s not funny but Jenas only stopped playing a few years ago!

By the new-ish (not new this season) laws, as soon as Lovren deliberately plays at that ball Harry Kane is no longer offside as it starts a new phase of play.

It’s a bit frightening that people actually involved in the game like past players live on tele telling the nation what’s what and fucking managers (he’s a clueless **** Klopp, don’t like him at all!) don’t know the laws!

How can a current coach not understand that law of the game?

Is it a new phase though, as the initial ball was played to Kane, so Isn't it still a continuation of phase 1. Maybe I'm old school, and maybe you are right about the laws technically. However I'll never accept that was should be a legitimate goal.... I agree the old rules were rubbish, Danny tiattos disallowed goal at Middlesborough was a disgrace. But how Kane can be deemed as not interfering with play in this instance is bizarre for me!

I thought offside phases only change if the original ball was played to someone else? It looked to me that Kane was offside when the throughball is played for him, and the offside should have stood.

Any other option would mean no defender should play at a throughball for fear of a touch (or be reffed to have deliberately played at it!), and hope offside players are seen.

Much as i admired Salahs second goal i haven't seen any replays looking at a possible off side. Sky chose not to review it. Did the BBC?

When was the possible offside in the movement? It didn't look like one at the time.
When he recieved the ball back. Commentators said could have been but no freeze frames or lines and no analysis. Looked possible (though not certain). Interesting that any goal against the favoured 2 is scrutinised to death. Those goals they do score receive little if any.(this is one of my issues with VAR)
Edit: just seen fan recording from behind lino - not offside - just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.