Match Thread | Real Madrid vs Man City (09/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been decent in that first half, We need to move the ball quicker in the final third and we will create chances, Grealish is having a cracking game.

We need to see more from Foden and Haaland. Toni Kroos is following Foden everywhere so hopefully Pep makes a few tweeks that will create space for Foden.

We are far to vulnerable when we lose possession, To be honest Madrid have poor on front of goal when they have caught us on the break. Kovacic needs to do more in midfield also seems like Rodri is by himself most of the time.

There's goals here for us, Let's go and get them.

Last few pages surprise me. Sure the lads are behind but it’s not that bad.

Some things can be improved but Pep needs to let them know they’re better. The counter is where it’s at for them.

Passing needs to be sharper. Would love the lads to also play is quick and direct to the big man but that’s not how it works.

I still back these group of players over 2 legs regardless of the score line. Wondering if Pep will risk playing Bobb if he’s looking for someone with close control against these.

He may play Alavarez to close them down but they give it away as well. Tough one.
Alvarez can’t do any worse than Haaland.

Madrid rely on getting results at home that nearly see ties done as against the better sides they get turned over away from home they pressurise the refs,fake fouls,pull shirts,kick and play act their way through champions league games this ref has been good,but has then got caught out by their antics at times ..

Think we've played fairly well at times that half. Controlled possession well but perhaps been a bit too slow with and quite a few times our players have dawdled on the ball and allowed it to be taken off them and a counter attack is then on the cards. Need to move the ball a bit quicker.

Real have been dangerous on the break which was to be expected without Walker at the back but we have to find a way too defend those counters better.

As some have mentioned Haaland hasn't really been involved but he hasn't had much in the way of service either du to our slow tempo. He's had to mainly feed on long balls from Ortega.

Kovacic hasn't really added much solidity, so I'd be tempted to sacrifice him and try Doku on the right with Bernarddo moving infield (unless KDB is well enough to play a half).

I think if we can get the ball quicker into players like Foden to turn and drive at them, then we may see some more positive forward play. We're still well in this and I really believe that there's something in this game for us.

They scored 2 goals in 3 minutes from deflections which helped them big time. Several players are not at their best. Rodri has played too much...

We have better options on the bench than them. We need a little bit more in the final 3rd.

Bernardo has been our best player.
Bernardo had lost the ball three times setting up dangerous counters. Goal aside, he’s been a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.