Match Thread: Under 18's game v Liverpool (KO 11am)

Full time, City win 2-1.

That's us doing the double against Liverpool at U-18 level and pretty much secures a playoff place into the final stages. Good performances all round. Bossaerts' recent performances have been worrying and continued this today. Jack Byrne and Thierry Ambrose are both absolute quality.

City go clear at the top now with a game in hand as Everton have only drawn 1-1 at Stoke according to MCFC Reserves and Academy twitter

Congratulations to the lads. A great fight back and very interesting to see Manu Garcia get a run. I am pretty sure he is in the under 16 team.

How old is Garcia?. Some very nice touches when he came on. Thought Byrne had a decent game, very Scholes like with his long range passing. MOTM for me was Barker, he looks dangerous every time he gets the ball.

Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:
Manu Garcia - definitely one to get excited about.

What did you think of him today mate?

I only had the benefit of twitter updates today Damo,however,his performances in the recent u16 tournament alongside Patching were very very encouraging.He has tremendous awareness,vision and control.

A top drawer prospect.

Was a good game, City far superior as an attacking force, and a far better football team. Liverpool's direct style surprised me, I wasn't expecting them to resort to long ball so early.

Whilst its all about developing the individual players, the way Wilcox has molded them into a thrilling team to watch at times is testament to his abilities as an up and coming coach. I hope we can keep hold of him for the coming seasons.

There's some very special talents in the team, none more so than Barker for me. He has a rare ability of being able to beat players with excellent close control with either foot. And make it look so easy. For a lad with his pace and power to have this talent is very special. U18's is a bit easy for him, he'll move up to U21's next season hopefully.

Others that are ready for the step up are Ambrose and Smith Brown. 2 with a lot of potential that need to be tested at an older age group. Hopefully they'll get some opportunities with the U21s in the coming weeks. Ambrose is a very high class striker who has an all round game you rarely see at this age group. Great awareness of whats going on around him. Smith Brown can play across the back four and I've never seen him have a bad game. He's always the pick for me at the back.

On the other side of the coin I have never been convinced by O'Brien when I've seen him. I don't think hes a good enough shot stopper or all round goalkeeper. Surprised we weren't able to secure a higher caliber keeper in the summer to play U18's unless Gunn was earmarked for the role.

And Bossaerts, has all the physical skills but an inferior football brain. City invested a lot of money in him and I really don't see it.

Great to see Garcia and Humphreys get some time, two of our best in the Al Kass

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.