Matchday questionnaire for LoveEvertonForum.com

Love Everton Forum

20583849656_e8c1086b98_o.jpg

Hi to our City friends.

If those of you with a few spare minutes want to help out with this weeks questionnaire that would be cool.

1. What went wrong last season and has it been put right?
2. How has your transfer window strengthened your squad?
3. Given form of both teams, how confident are you about your chances on Sunday?
4. What do you think about Roberto Martinez?
5. Given that there might be a march and another flyover on Sunday, do you have any thoughts on that?
6. Which Everton player would you urge Pellegrini to sign?
7. Are there players at City Everton should be looking at be it a loan or permanent?
8. How do you see the weekends match going and can you name the score?

Cheers lads.
I'll nip in after and collect any answers.

All the very best.

LoveEvertonForum.com
http://loveevertonforum.com/forum

14190251901_ec9293976a_o.jpg
14006880618_dcf8ac88a8_t.jpg

I'll have a pop at these for a start

1) Too many things went wrong to mention,but the main thing being the big players didn't do it in certain games,which cost us dearly,eh ho onto new season we go

2) The signing from your friends across the park will no doubt improve our attacking ability

3) The start of the season has given me optimism that we can come and do you on Sunday,especially after what Watford did,but as you and I both know it's your Cup Final remember

4) Roberto Martinez will try to be remembered that he once won the FA Cup,however true football fans also know he took his team down the same year,likeable chap though from what I see on the TV with interviews etc etc,but doesn't suit a crew cut thats for sure!

5) It must be frustrating for your loyal fan base,but there's no real sentiment with rivals this day and age,it is what it is,I bet you wish you still had Moyes,where I wish he was still at the swamp,he was doing a fine job

6) Seamus Coleman would be a good addition to our squad

7) It's difficult at the moment (too early in season) to look at the whole squad to see who may not feature much for us this season,although we do have a few young kids who are on the verge,but am sure you have a few there yourselves

8) I see a victory for City (I'm bound to say that aint I !!) but as per usual it will be close I'm saying 1-2

1. What went wrong last season and has it been put right? Nothing went drastically wrong. Chelsea were more consistent and we had some problems with teams stepping up.
2. How has your transfer window strengthened your squad? Very much so. If KDB arrives the flanks are better balanced and quicker. The HG seems to be sorted and Otamendi has put pressure on the defence to perform.
3. Given form of both teams, how confident are you about your chances on Sunday? We should win but football is football. Whoever wins needs to have the right attitude and earn the win.
4. What do you think about Roberto Martinez? Done well before but the gaze is more intense on him now. I think Everton fans have to think what is a realistic position and go from that. If Everton get in Europe he has done well, if not...
5. Given that there might be a march and another flyover on Sunday, do you have any thoughts on that? Fair play we have been there and the fans have their right to speak.
6. Which Everton player would you urge Pellegrini to sign? Stones.
7. Are there players at City Everton should be looking at be it a loan or permanent? Denayer or Lopes,
8. How do you see the weekends match going and can you name the score? Hopefully a Blues win :).

I can't answer them all but;
I think trying to play 2 up top and having full backs high up left us a bit vulnerable through the middle and exposed at the back. All sorted now though.
I think Martinez is a good manager. Always seems honest, especially if you compare him to gobshites like mourinho and rodgers.
I'd still like a fully fit Baines out of all your players.
Sunday's match could go any way.
It could be a hard game that we lose 1-0. If we get an early goal though, it will force you to come out. That's where the danger lies for you.
I expect it to be a close game. Some sides are going to get absolutely walloped off us this season but I don't think Everton will be one of them.

1. What went wrong last season and has it been put right?
Usual late winter slump that took until last 6 games to put right. Squad depth and quality increased, so hopefully we can get through the winter blues!

2. How has your transfer window strengthened your squad?
Sterling allows Silva to play where he needs to, and Pelle has finally succumbed to 4-2-3-1, which compliments the new personnel. Delph may turn out to be a very good buy, as he will allow Yaya to do what he does best.

3. Given form of both teams, how confident are you about your chances on Sunday?
Everton always seem to match up well against us and are good at stopping our free flowing football. If we can overcome your smothering play, and stop your counter attacks, it should be a win with a two goal margin. Imperative is a clean sheet. Can't lose if the opposition doesn't score, and we will always make chances. Quietly confident, especially if both teams play to their level.

4. What do you think about Roberto Martinez?
Nice guy, who seems like a decent teacher. Would be interested to see how he would handle a top, top club, but he never seems to have the personnel to do what he would like. I wouldn't fancy him at City, tbh.

5. Given that there might be a march and another flyover on Sunday, do you have any thoughts on that?
Freedom of speech! Think Kenwright has been a good owner, and it's not like he hasn't tried to sell, but the problem is stadium and potential to be a Champions League regular, which is very hard to see.

6. Which Everton player would you urge Pellegrini to sign?
Only one worth a serious sniff would be Barkley, but he doesn't seem technically proficient enough for Pellegrini, so I'd go with Coleman.

7. Are there players at City Everton should be looking at be it a loan or permanent?
Denayer, especially if Stones leaves.

8. How do you see the weekends match going and can you name the score?
Win for City, 2-0

Last edited:
Oh and thanks for doing a write up about our history and previous honours. It makes a refreshing change from reading some fans forums where they think we'd won piss all before Sheikh Mansoor turned up.

1. What went wrong last season and has it been put right? Nothing went wrong as such, a few unlucky injuries to key players didn't help. A few years ago second would have been reason to cheer to the rafters.

2. How has your transfer window strengthened your squad? We wait to see, Sterling has had a good start but there are a heck of a lot of games to go. We had a great team before so it should be an interesting season.

3. Given form of both teams, how confident are you about your chances on Sunday? I am always nervous no matter who we are playing. I've been a City supporter far too long to ever become complacent.

4. What do you think about Roberto Martinez? Love Roberto, my second favourite Roberto and my second favourite Manager. Mr Pellegrini is my favourite manager of course and Roberto Mancini my favourite Roberto!!

5. Given that there might be a march and another flyover on Sunday, do you have any thoughts on that? Good luck with the march. I think Bill Kenwright has done his best but no one wants to buy you unfortunately and you have to give the man credit for pouring his own money into the club.

6. Which Everton player would you urge Pellegrini to sign? This won't go down well with some Manchester City fans but I'd love us to have Gaz Baz back. Barry was an under rated player with us.

7. Are there players at City Everton should be looking at be it a loan or permanent? Maybe Denayer but I'm not sure exactly what you need.

8. How do you see the weekends match going and can you name the score? I never predict the score, as I said earlier I'm still a nervous City supporter but let's hope for a good clean match with two teams who respect each other playing great football. If City come out the way they have against WBA and Chelsea then it will be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.