Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we are playing games here to bring Palace to the table? City would be in talks with Mendes for a while now with Cancelo, Bernardo and Walker to sort out their futures. Surely we would know roughly what it would take to buy Nunes from wolves?

Or we are chancing our arm to get players on the cheap?

Value currently does not exist in the premier league. Player valuations do not match their ability.

Strange we move from one to the next to the next to the next. Unless this method puts the clubs against each other to see who blinks first?

Interesting nonetheless.
If that's the strategy, surely getting publicly rejected is a bad tactic?

Phillips was always a weird signing. He was a player that was brought into England to do a job that they didn't have anyone else to do, and he did quite well at it. Initially it looked like he was available for something like 30 million, which would be worth the risk, but we ended up having to pay 45m for a relegated player. And I don't want to get snobby, but it's rare for someone in a relegated team to be individually good enough to play for the champions. Maybe if they're a kid, but he wasn't especially young. And even if you just looked at his injury record, it didn't make a lot of sense. Managed 23 games in all competitions the season before we bought him, and 30 the season before that. Maybe he'll still come good, but at the moment, he reminds me a bit of the Rodwell signing, in that all of the clues were there before we signed him.

I think he was bought to do a specific job which was to come on when we were winning to shore up the defence and give Rodri a rest. Also to play in the Caribou and Fa cup.His performances for England looked like he'd be more than capable of doing this. There was some signs he had more strings to his bow too and could improve. The reality sadly has been vastly different. He looks a total liability and all over the place whenever he plays. I only see one solution , a move.

If that's the strategy, surely getting publicly rejected is a bad tactic?
Is it? Maybe we expect it to get rejected and hope Eze is causing a fuss? Fuck knows what’s going on. Or maybe I am giving txiki too much credit and he is scrambling about to get a midfielder in before the window closes but as always he is trying to find value.

When did it become so complex supporting a football team? From FFP to player contracts and amortisation to the psychology behind a player transfer and everything else in between. Most notably the geo politics that surround middle east money.

I think he was bought to do a specific job which was to come on when we were winning to shore up the defence and give Rodri a rest. Also to play in the Caribou and Fa cup.His performances for England looked like he'd be more than capable of doing this. There was some signs he had more strings to his bow too and could improve. The reality sadly has been vastly different. He looks a total liability and all over the place whenever he plays. I only see one solution , a move.

I personally think he`s not fit enough to play how we play and shown no application to get any fitter? We tend despite all our possession to still outrun our opponents? Phillips looked fucked in pre season and let people ghost past him while not being able to catch up?

Phillips was always a weird signing. He was a player that was brought into England to do a job that they didn't have anyone else to do, and he did quite well at it. Initially it looked like he was available for something like 30 million, which would be worth the risk, but we ended up having to pay 45m for a relegated player. And I don't want to get snobby, but it's rare for someone in a relegated team to be individually good enough to play for the champions. Maybe if they're a kid, but he wasn't especially young. And even if you just looked at his injury record, it didn't make a lot of sense. Managed 23 games in all competitions the season before we bought him, and 30 the season before that. Maybe he'll still come good, but at the moment, he reminds me a bit of the Rodwell signing, in that all of the clues were there before we signed him.
He wasn’t a relegated player mate

can we skip to the part where Chelsea bid £120m
Yes, but not until he has publicly rejected the dipps first ha ha.

At the CL home game against Monaco both myself and my lad we would love to see him in a City shirt.
About 4 months later our wish was granted. A wonderfully talented player who by all accounts is loved by one and all, from top to bottom within the Club. That sums him up.
Him and John the Dog rule. OK !!
Absolutely. I remember my sons and I were amazed how the ball could seem tied to his boots for so long and how he could not be knocked off the ball at all. Then in early June we went for a week in N. Wales. Bernardo arrived in Manchester to sign for United (!), City went to 100-1 on to sign him, he signed and we hoped that he would be joined by Benjamin Mendy - but that took a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.