May 13th feature in The Times today.

Does anyone else remember the silence?

When the ball hit the net there seemed to be a split second of 'Has that just happened' before the primal screams erupted. When you've felt emotions like that its disappointing to know I'll never feel highs like that again

94th Minute said:

When the ball hit the net there seemed to be a split second of 'Has that just happened' before the primal screams erupted. When you've felt emotions like that its disappointing to know I'll never feel highs like that again
Oh yes

City63 said:
94th Minute said:

Oh yes
It wasn't silent though, you can hear the women scream, its almost haunting :) ( it would have been haunting if he'd missed.

Its a moment in time that will be hard to ever forget, you can have 19 titles, but do you have a moment like that, after 44 years ? Nothing will beat it, nothing.

Blue Dan said:
It's a few months since I wrote it but I suppose this would be a good time to post a link to this for those of you happily reliving the events of 13/05/12 today: <a class="postlink" href="http://totallywiredblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/this-is-how-it-feels.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://totallywiredblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ... s.html?m=1</a>

BD.
What a fantastic insight into most blues fans feelings at that exact time. You have put into words my experience of that day I have found hard to do. To this day I can't remember what I did the moment the ball hit the back of the QPR net. I remember the silence when Aguero received the ball. Then nothing. I don't have any recollection of the next few minutes of my life when Kun secured the premier league title. The only thing I can equate to this is when a victim of a serious accident, or traumatic event, have no memories of the immediate moments prior to their experience. It's as if there is a part of me that is striving for an answer to a missing part of a puzzle I think I should remember. I wouldn't mind if I was pissed, but I was stone cold sober in order to remember every minute of the day and avoid the very feelings I have described.

City63 said:
94th Minute said:

Oh yes

Exactly this, what could possibly top that moment? Even after winning the FA cup, that goal washed away all the years of hurt, obviously more years for some than others!

And yes, I remember that split second silence as the ball hit the back of the net, I think the crowd held its collective breath as Aguero skipped away from that sliding tackle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.