Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t heard anything from the cockwombles Spitty , McManaman, Murphy etc etc since we have retained the PL title and won the FA Cup for our unprecedented Treble.

I really wanted to see their gutted expressions.

No doubt they’ll be gibbing off again before CL final.

Unfortunately 9/10ths of the football world is squirming now with righteous indignation, and a media who sees its printed component on the brink of extinction is desperate to connect with these people. It's Perfect Storm.

We're in the transition of football journalism from the weekly considered and respected articles of great nationally known and respected journalists to the instant 24 hour world of the digital age.

If we are that bad why don't they veto horse racing too when Sheikh Mohammad started getting involved. He increased competition and horse racing wouldn't be what it is today without him

Did you notice how Mowbray shouted ‘that was THE chance’ not A chance, but THE, like it was the chance we’d all be waiting for - he was absolutely gutted. They really wanted a pen too... but couldn’t quite make a case for it and had to settle for it would be a pen next year. Jenas started the game with ‘Watford are not underdogs here’. So a team 48 points behind in the league are favourites are they? Of all the people in the U.K. - quite how both BT and BBC can employ Jenas as a commentator is frankly baffling, then again BT employ Steve ‘he should have went’ McManaman.

Mowbray was making the point that Watford wouldn't get many opportunities, so yes, it was THE chance. Fair enough.

In spoons baker st with orient fans going FA trophy, walked round regents park for an hr before, spoke to makems and geordies last night in bradleys spanish bar. Not one had a bad word to say about city or our team, all congratulatory and good natured. So fuck you press, rags and scouse ****s, your opinion is unimportant

I don't read that as a complimentary piece, "numbed", " turned the old FA cup into an exhibition game" all have negative undertones about them
T
Man Utd are already sponsored by Saudi Telecom. Saudi Telecom is largely owned by the Saudi state through its Public Investment Fund. They also have a strategic partnership with the Sports authority of Saudi Arabia. Arsenal have a sponsorship agreement with Rwanda. Leicester, former Premier League winners are owned by a family closely linked to the Thai military/monarchist regime etc etc. Only City are subjected to criticism. There are a small number of journalists eg David Conn who has looked at Usmanov (once of Arsenal, now Everton?) but few and far between. He is an honourable exception.

The bottom line is

1) Our owners are Arab billionaires not American, or European, and
2) They are rivals to Man Utd and Liverpool etc

Hence this is a populist witch-hunt
I think you got points 1 & 2 the wrong way round. I have been of the opinion that media coverage has been getting gradually more favourable for us over the last decade or so.
It takes a while to become established.
I would caveat that by saying that this season especially there has been more in the way of negative press, largely I feel, due to the plucky underdogs just missing out on the Premier League title they crave and obviously so richly deserve.

Funny how there wasn't this amount of outrage when United paid 30m for Ferdinand in 2002 or when they won three PL titles in a row on two occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.