Media Discussion - 2023/24

The media have once again exposed themselves for the gaslighting idiots that they are.

They've clamored for years for City to be charged and now they have feel that the resolution should be instantaneous. Legal processes don't work like that.

It's also bizarre how they know there's a difference between the two cases yet continue to pontificate that City are somehow at fault. City have denied the charges whereas Forest have admitted them. Add to that the charges are completely different and you can see why the timescales are completely different.

I don't know why I'm surprised. You'd think the idea of having journalists cover a sport would be to educate people and stop the misinformation of falsehoods. Unfortunately the football fraternity we have spent their years watching Liverpool and United win trophies so must continue with this nonsense approach to sports writing that is tribalistic conspiracy. It blows my mind that even after a CAS judgement and the attempts at many with actual legal expertise to explain charges and the detail that the same misnomers are continuing to be peddled.
Its weird, so in the minds of these people we might as well do away with the legal defence system in this country because if someone is charged with something, admits there guilt and is found guilty everyone else in the contry who is waiting for there case to be heard but wants to challenge it must be guilty as well?
Some weird shit going on at the moment?

Its weird, so in the minds of these people we might as well do away with the legal defence system in this country because if someone is charged with something, admits there guilt and is found guilty everyone else in the contry who is waiting for there case to be heard but wants to challenge it must be guilty as well?
its not weird tho is it, its the press in this country, they just tell people what they want to here to set agendas and they will always go with that

I counted 7 outright lies in there...
  • while Man City carry on as they please
  • a sovereign wealth fund to fight their cause
  • Everton and Nottingham Forest ... Both deny financial wrongdoing.
  • It matters to so many, and as such falls under the responsibility of the highest authority in the land.
  • City effectively lay siege to the process via an army of lawyers.
  • The government knew all about the injustices perpetrated by the Post Office
Quite an achievement for an article that's only 600 words. It takes an exceptional level of twatishness to achieve that, even Putin would be impressed.

Help me out here, Is it not just a bit Weird?
in the grand scheme of things and to a sensible person it is absolutely weird, for the press in this country it is completely normal and just another example of what they do.

If you want an obvious example look at the game on sunday between spurs and the rags, rags completely outplayed by a spurs team decimated with injuries and it was called a rip roaring encounter now ask yourselves how would that headline have gone if we had got a draw at newcastle and ill tell you exactly how, injury ravaged newcastle dent citys title hopes.

So yeah its weird if you know better but the red tops have been cosied up to by the press for so very long they just absolutely do now know any better and take everything as gospel because to them being gaslighted by a friendly media is much more preferable than facing the horrible truth

Then they’ll watch Alan Bates versus the Post Office & not see the irony.

What that dick Garside fails to mention is that neverton and forest have both admitted they are guilty, we have completely denied any guilt. Also they are facing one charge, we are facing 115. The allegations are completely different. The criticism of us making the PL boring are fucking ridiculous- only one of our titles was won easily. We are better because we have a better manager, who recruits better players with better character, and who employs genius tactics. I think our net spend in the last 6 years is less than most of our rivals

The worst example of a City bingo “article” I think I have ever seen.

Just remind me, how much is City’s turnover and how much is Newcastle’s? Also our net spend over the last 6 years isn’t exactly the highest, despite our turnover

And?

You seem to want a medal for the club having big revenues, while completely ignoring the fact we got a 4 year head start of FFP that Newcastle didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.