Media Discussion - 2023/24

It is a good report but it’s been changed.

Initially last night - rather than the ‘giant shadow in the rear view mirror’ - he used either ‘ominously’ or ‘menacing’ in relation to our presence in the title race.

Not just the bbc, I’ve lost count in the last few weeks of these sort of negative words being used with regards to us being in the title mix. It’s happening too often to be a coincidence.

Ominous - the feeling that something bad is going to happen….

I might be being a soft arse but it’s the flavour of the month at the moment with ‘journalists’
If they had ANY credibility as journalists, how hard would it be, in the interests of engaging all readers, to merely write something along the lines of,

"Liverpool lead the pack, but today when THEY look in their rear view mirror the giant ominous shadow of Manchester City loom large"

You know, like a neutral reporter should, indicating to ALL readers who it's ominous for.

But the sad cunts at the BBC, who's fucking wages we pay, have chosen to go down the sinkhole of fanboy, "bantz" riddled tribalism for the popular red-three (plus lap dog spursy)

Its done on purpose. It has to be. The regularity of them making basic errors and mistakes when reporting on us is just far to obvious. I've said it before. Its one their little 'in jokes'. They will be giggling like pubescent teenagers about it.
Absolute weapons.
100%

They're just a bunch of dick'ed man-children playing a "footballers-at-a-foreign-tournament-trying-to-shoe-horn-song-titles-into-their-interviews" inspired immature little game.

Delivering around Cumbria last Friday I put BBC Cumbria on for travel news and the main breakfast presenter Mike was joined by his side kick who informed the listener which Fa cup games would be available to view on terrestrial tv over the weekend. Side kick unashamedly announced that he is a rag living in the Kendal area then started to share his info on games, channels times ect, but clearly nobody told him that we were playing Spurs that very evening as he failed to mention anything about it the rag twat. Mike wound him up asking if he had seen the Pep documentary on BBC to which he sounded well pissed off and declined the offer of watching it on catch up. Amazes me how these fuckwits get away it.

I thought about an experiment whereby I would post a series of negative City comments that have been allowed, using the exact same words but making the negativity about United or Liverpool. Then compare and record how many get deleted. The results would be interesting.
I had a comment removed the other day. Some scouser said we “robbed” them of trophies through cheating and bribes.
I politely pointed out this was totally untrue - they were a fine team but one that often fell short.
They should celebrate their successes and the trophies they managed to win, stop playing the “victim card” and other fans would respect them more.
So it’s okay for some scouse cretin to throw complete untruths out there and accuse our club of theft, bribery and cheating - but for me to say such lies equate to “playing the victim card” is unacceptable. Fuck off BBC.

What’s the issue here?

Is it Sky saying “our” or is it “our” Mike giving this news a subtle thumbs up?
Sorry mate but you're wrong here.

Read that last paragraph as a stand alone statement.
In NO WAY can "our", in the context of that single paragraph, be relating to anything other than united.

You can substitute "united's" in place of "our" and the statement still reads correctly.
The sentence doesn't read so well if you substitute "Sky's" in place of "our". Sky won 3-0????
Nah, doesn't work.
United won 3-0.

It's either been put through the rag-prism-algorithm to pander to the billions of worldwide fuckwits, or more likely the presenter is a rag and he's lost all sense of impartiality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.