Media Discussion - 2023/24

More fan story wankfodder on F365

A non story claiming Pep is fucking off.

Won't link it to not monitise it.

These shit sites pop up on every social media platform you are on if the algorithm spots you've liked or commented on a football related post. The majority are run by one of the redshirt followers and spew out constant sensational anti City shite. I block them all.

These shit sites pop up on every social media platform you are on if the algorithm spots you've liked or commented on a football related post. The majority are run by one of the redshirt followers and spew out constant sensational anti City shite. I block them all.
Whoever was Citys mom in tbe previous game is leaving by the following day, that's a favourite line of theirs.

Whoever was Citys mom in tbe previous game is leaving by the following day, that's a favourite line of theirs.
We still haven't sold Phil's mam?

What makes me laugh on a more related note, is that other clubs' muppets will bang on about Der Spiegel as some sort of gotcha. Literally, The Mirror, it had a journo spewing lies for 8 years on the books. Claas Relotius was exposed by another paper, that is the level of their journalistic quality, yet it is the go-to for the like of Delooney, Harris et al, as a reliable source.

We still haven't sold Phil's mam?

What makes me laugh on a more related note, is that other clubs' muppets will bang on about Der Spiegel as some sort of gotcha. Literally, The Mirror, it had a journo spewing lies for 8 years on the books. Claas Relotius was exposed by another paper, that is the level of their journalistic quality, yet it is the go-to for the like of Delooney, Harris et al, as a reliable source.

To be fair to them, the emails were real, apart from a couple spliced together, if provided out of context. I also don't have an issue with the emails being published if there was considered to be a public interest. The inferences weren't unreasonable, either, based on the content of the emails, although ask any lawyer, they were never going to stand up in any legal proceeding as anything other than discussions absent any really compelling evidence that what was discussed actually happened. None of those things are the issue. I don't even have a problem with UEFA and the PL opening investigations (although I criticise the PL for not waiting until the UEFA/CAS case was over and building those findings into their case). Let's face it, they had to.

The issues in my book are:

Firstly, why so much attention from der Spiegel to City in their review of emails? They were innocuous enough to anyone without a detailed knowledge of City's 2014 settlement and the financial and organisational structure of the club. Now, who would have that, I wonder?

Secondly, why was it prosecuted with such vigour by UEFA and later the PL when it must have been / must be clear there was / is no chance of proving the charges/allegations around "disguised equity contributions"? Who would have an interest in besmirching the club's good name with charges, sanctions and allegations just for shits and giggles, I wonder?

To be fair to them, the emails were real, apart from a couple spliced together, if provided out of context. I also don't have an issue with the emails being published if there was considered to be a public interest. The inferences weren't unreasonable, either, based on the content of the emails, although ask any lawyer, they were never going to stand up in any legal proceeding as anything other than discussions absent any really compelling evidence that what was discussed actually happened. None of those things are the issue. I don't even have a problem with UEFA and the PL opening investigations (although I criticise the PL for not waiting until the UEFA/CAS case was over and building those findings into their case). Let's face it, they had to.

Firstly, why so much attention from der Spiegel to City in their review of emails? They were innocuous enough to anyone without a detailed knowledge of City's 2014 settlement and the financial and organisational structure of the club. Now, who would have that, I wonder?

Secondly, why was it prosecuted with such vigour by UEFA and later the PL when it must have been / must be clear there was / is no chance of proving the charges/allegations around "disguised equity contributions"? Who would have an interest in besmirching the club's good name with charges, sanctions and allegations just for shits and giggles, I wonder?
Agree with your last two pars 100 per cent. CAS stated that 5.5m City documents were hacked. So why did Der Spiegl publish selected extracts from just six emails which CAS said were authentic but provided a “distorted” version of events. There was no attempt at any balance in the coverage. It was malicious. I wonder if City know what really happened.

There has been stories over the last 30 years of financial shenanigans with far clearer evidence that has been brushed under the carpet. So why this & why now?

Agree with your last two pars 100 per cent. CAS stated that 5.5m City documents were hacked. So why did Der Spiegl publish selected extracts from just six emails which CAS said were authentic but provided a “distorted” version of events. There was no attempt at any balance in the coverage. It was malicious. I wonder if City know what really happened.
I'd be very surprised if they didn't know exactly what happened and who was behind it and their reasoning.

I would also be very surprised if City ever publicly stated any details as they'll deal with it their way. That won't please some on here but that's just tough.

6 e-mails out of 5.5 million. You'd have thought that if there was any deception going on on our part, it would be contained in a lot more than 6 e-mails

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.