Media Discussion - 2023/24

Noticed that Rashford’s goal against us is Goal of the Month on MOTD2, Foden’s strike was in the shortlist. No mention of the final score and thus the futility of Marcus’s shot.
Stunning though both Rashford's and Foden's strikes were in the 'derby', yet there were other 'Goal of the Month' contenders which I'd have placed ahead of them both, in terms of technique and 'spectacular-ness'. Soucek's for West Ham would've got my vote, because of the initial control and purity of the strike to beat Pickford at Goodison.

Similarly, my other half, on seeing the goals, picked out the acrobatic overhead effort for Brentford, saying it was her favourite.

However, on seeing the line up of the eight contenders on offer and noting the presence of a candidate from the Evil Triple Empire of Red Shirts, I opined that none of the other seven stood a cat in Hell's chance of winning.

'Why?' asked the distaff side.. 'Because' says I 'all the United supporters around the country will be phoning in to vote for St. Marcus.. just like the Liverpool and Arsenal fans do every month for their players..'

'That's not fair!' suggested my 'media naranja', as I refer to her when with our continental friends.

'Well, that's modern English football for you' I responded, adding 'It's all click-bait and feeding the narrative of the 'history clubs' nowadays.. no-one else gets a look in..'

Total waste of time, each and every month..

Oh my God. A short while ago I posted “same old Liverpool, always cheating” in reference to the late winner when the ref gave them the free ball instead of the opposition on the BBC Sport Comments section, I have just noticed on the Everton docked two more points article that someone posted “Man Cheaty” so I reported it referencing the circumstances of my deleted post and how this was an opportunity for the BBC to show impartiality to me. The result? A quick reply (within 2 minutes) saying the post was fine.

Another positive spin from BBC twats

Can anyone stop City retaining the Champions League this year?
Setting us up to fail. You'd think listening to some people that we were playing Doncaster tomorrow night.
A quick look at the La Liga table shows that Madrid have only lost 1 game all season

it'll be an incredibly hard game

Oh my God. A short while ago I posted “same old Liverpool, always cheating” in reference to the late winner when the ref gave them the free ball instead of the opposition on the BBC Sport Comments section, I have just noticed on the Everton docked two more points article that someone posted “Man Cheaty” so I reported it referencing the circumstances of my deleted post and how this was an opportunity for the BBC to show impartiality to me. The result? A quick reply (within 2 minutes) saying the post was fine.

Appeal it & tell ‘em City have never been found guilty of cheating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.