Media Discussion - 2023/24

Have the media come out and stated the Rags were allowed to boycott the cup they are desperate to win yet

And the fact they were allowed to support an English club in an international competition

United felt that participating would be too much to handle, which led the FA to propose dropping out of the cup. The decision was made on 29 June 1999 and United chairman Martin Edwards said there was ‘no alternative’ and that it was in the ‘national interest’. The FA suggested Man Utd withdraw from the FA Cup / John Gichigi/Getty Images

I’ll be honest I didn’t really understand his ‘cherry picking’ comment so I assumed it might be tempting them away. Perhaps if you could tell me the name of the player we cherry picked to help me…..
You'd have to ask Luke Edwards that question surely?

Cherry picking is the act of picking only the best of the bunch (hence my comment) but in our case I suppose you could say Grealish from Villa's group, even Sterling himself back in the day when he was good.

You'd have to ask Luke Edwards that question surely?

Cherry picking is the act of picking only the best of the bunch (hence my comment) but in our case I suppose you could say Grealish from Villa's group, even Sterling himself back in the day when he was good.

Was there anything else I got wrong? Can we agree it was a snide version of events to ignore Peps main points?

Still staggered by the tweets by Ian Ladyman last night about City not selling out.

Three separate tweets based on complete bullshit. Thousands of views - loads of the usual Emptihad replies, followed by an apology - but leaves all the original tweets up.

The Senior Football reporter of The Mail.

Sky Sports now going full in on the Grealish handball, How could Oliver miss it ect...They are saying that "If he doesn't give the handball, Then he has to give the corner".

If I remember correctly yesterday, Chelsea were given a corner up thar end of the pitch which clear as day came off Gusto...If they are even going as far as Chelsea not being given a corner ffs!

Still nothing said about Caicedo staying on the pitch either, He should have been booked before he dragged Grealish back, He kicked out at Foden taken him down, Then he sticks his studs into Grealish knee...Let's forget about all that though.

It's all anyone is talking about, It's crazy.

These are the words of an intelligent man, and former professional player of great standing:

‘There’s a good organisation and desire. Over the course of the season they’ve lacked consistency but today you can look at a good all round performance and see those little shoots of positive things and Cole Palmer has just strolled around this pitch and owned this game to a degree.'

I am a big fan of Cole Palmer. I think he is an excellent prospect. I was disappointed he left, but understood the reasons, and we move on. There is no single person of any objectivity who believes that Cole Palmer owned yesterday's game. He did a couple of nice things, but that is it. This is the punditry standard we have reached, where individuals are placed on pedestals beyond their standing, and favourites are pre-determined.
and the sad thing is he is a media favourite because he rejected us. Pure and simple.

Sky Sports now going full in on the Grealish handball, How could Oliver miss it ect...They are saying that "If he doesn't give the handball, Then he has to give the corner".

If I remember correctly yesterday, Chelsea were given a corner up thar end of the pitch which clear as day came off Gusto...If they are even going as far as Chelsea not being given a corner ffs!

Still nothing said about Caicedo staying on the pitch either, He should have been booked before he dragged Grealish back, He kicked out at Foden taken him down, Then he sticks indeed Grealish knee...Let's forget about all that though.

It's all anyone is talking about, It's crazy.

The media will use anything and everything to belittle our achievements.

Fuck em !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.