Media Discussion - 2023/24

Is there any surprise that Rudd and Liew are both Liverpool fans and that their views will be seen through red tinted specs.
There will not be one ounce of professionalism when they talk about us, not one iota of being neutral and not a care in the world that they will come across as bitter, immature and amateurish.

We get to laugh at them on a weekly or daily or monthly basis at the drivvle they continue to peddle about us.

I only read this article today, but could not believe how biased and bitter it was. I've let The Guardian know my thoughts. I feel that it is increasingly necessary to call things out...perhaps I am a sad bastard. My guess that they are a Liverpool fan is tongue in cheek as it is stated clearly on Wiki. Here is my little note to The Guardian.

Hello, I read this article below.

It is a total disservice to both Arsenal and Manchester City who are both in a rich vein of form in one of the most competitive football leagues in the world. It was only recently that Liverpool fell out of the title race.

I feel that this article is a very negative and biased assessment of a very close battle between two very good teams. It is likely to go to the last game of the season. Most other major leagues across Europe have already been decided unlike the Premier League this year.

It reads as though the writer is possibly a little bit bitter about something, and I will hazard a guess that the journalist that wrote this is a fan of another club, possibly Liverpool.

I would expect The Guardian to deliver high quality and balanced articles, but sadly this article is very negative and partisan. A shame really, rather than being negative, why not celebrate a close run title race instead?

Best Regards

Bez

I had the displeasure of stumbling across that Liew article this morning. Amongst the deluge of inflammatory nonsense littered throughout, this paragraph caught my eye:

"There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Sadly Liew is too much of a coward to allow comments on the article, but we all know he and his peers can't stay off Bluemoon...

I don't know any City fan that's desperate to be hated, we don't need to be, it is evidence enough when we scroll through social media passing multiple posts obsessing about our attendances, or read a once credible newspaper, as it criticises the conduct of our supporters.

Liew and his peers seem determined to somehow try to undermine City's achievements in order to placate their partisan readership, but their influence is minimal and their short-sightedness is wildly missing the bigger picture. Football is a global game and City are the hottest ticket in town. Note the comments of recent City Group youth signing, American teenager Cavan Sullivan "I always watch Man City. They're like every kid's dream team." Liew and co, read that and drink it in...

Is there any surprise that Rudd and Liew are both Liverpool fans and that their views will be seen through red tinted specs.
There will not be one ounce of professionalism when they talk about us, not one iota of being neutral and not a care in the world that they will come across as bitter, immature and amateurish.

We get to laugh at them on a weekly or daily or monthly basis at the drivvle they continue to peddle about us.
I can just imagine the headline of Lieu’s article when pep leaves; “Guardiola - was he any good, really?”

Just watching sky sports and the devastation to jobs and the soul of Everton if they went into administration by Dominic king. Haven’t they been found out for cheating FFP and poor management for the last number of years. However everybody wants us to have the harshest penalties possible as we are already guilty - what about loss of jobs at the Etihad, players sold due to having a club that is the best in the business on and off the pitch.

I had the displeasure of stumbling across that Liew article this morning. Amongst the deluge of inflammatory nonsense littered throughout, this paragraph caught my eye:

"There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Sadly Liew is too much of a coward to allow comments on the article, but we all know he and his peers can't stay off Bluemoon...

I don't know any City fan that's desperate to be hated, we don't need to be, it is evidence enough when we scroll through social media passing multiple posts obsessing about our attendances, or read a once credible newspaper, as it criticises the conduct of our supporters.

Liew and his peers seem determined to somehow try to undermine City's achievements in order to placate their partisan readership, but their influence is minimal and their short-sightedness is wildly missing the bigger picture. Football is a global game and City are the hottest ticket in town. Note the comments of recent City Group youth signing, American teenager Cavan Sullivan "I always watch Man City. They're like every kid's dream team." Liew and co, read that and drink it in...
Like you say the game is now a global entertainment business and our model is leaving the cartel behind.
We're the second most watched club in North America, only behind Club America and hold the registration of the new wonder kid.
Scruffy Jim knows this but whether he can do anything about it I'm not so sure.

What’s he said roughly..
Winter kept saying....."have they broke any rules?".

Custis says "No, but they circumnavigated it, a rule brought in to protect young vulnerable African players from being exploited"

Winter: "So you are suggesting this young white14 year old, guided by wealthy American parents is being exploited?"

Custis: "No, no no but the rules are the rules"!

Winter again: "Did they break any?"

Conversation is then swiftly shifted to the 115!

I had to laugh at The skysports “hit and miss“ article

The only mention of City is in a bit about how “Fulham needing a striker“ and the best bit how “Spurs have rediscovered their form before their biggest game of the season“

They are in pain lol :)
If Fulham need a striker why did TNT keep going on about Munez’s record of 7 in 7 at home?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.