Media Discussion - 2023/24

Listened to the Monday night club on 5 Live and the refereeing mistake wasn’t mentioned once.

If it had been Liverpool it would have been mentioned in Parliament today!
I feel Pep should have made a big deal out of it and he never did.
Arteta did it so did Klopp and it helped them in the subsequent matches.

Sometimes I feel Pep is a bit oblivious to the media narrative and the evilness with which City is perceived. For a fan base that gets vilified for attendance though we are one of the best supported club, Pep gives them a chance with its “ please come and watch us” narrative. And again yesterday it was a good time to make a meal out of the decision as the Liverpool decision also went against it.

I may be in the minority here but as well as City does the football stuff brilliantly they often fail to manage narratives around the club. Liverpool cheated with our scout password scandal and instead of taking them up we just took the million bucks and the case went silent. And the red cunts still pressure PL to relegate us. We constantly invite journalists who write articles after articles smearing us yet they get invitation to Etihad.

Maybe I am naive to the 4D chess that happens in the corridors of power but we are more forgiving then I would like us to be!

It’s on nearly every back page how Erl has “got away with it” pathetic, never has a Sporting team in the world been so vilified, just don’t get it. Newcastle are getting an easy ride, I’m perplexed.
Newcastles turn will come after they’ve denied the red shit of trophies and won a few and started sharing them with us.

UK population is 68 million. Way more than half of that number have no interest in football so that leaves us with c25 million people. Let's say 10% of those read the football press and maybe 10% of those believe the garbage that's written.....you're down to a couple of hundred thousand people/excitable muppets (not aimed at anyone on here cos we're such a level headed bunch ;-) ). In comparison, like it or not, our global brand now stretches across tens if not hundreds of millions of blues across all corners of the world, they don't know who Oliver Holt is, they couldn't give two shits either.....most of them can't even read English, many can even read at all. City's brand isn't damaged by these fuckwit "journalists" because our brand is maintained on the pitch by the style of football we play, the quality and professionalism of our players and staff, and our success domestically and abroad. To challenge them would validate their existence.....so we ignore them and eventually they'll be replaced with the next generation of sports writers, many of whom will have been brought up knowing nothing but exciting free flowing dynamic football which has set new standards at home and abroad.....our owners are playing the long game, they ain't daft.
It only takes one to fill a pint pot with piss and coins and change an innocent young girl’s life for ever.

Surprise surprise the Daily United making an example of City and Erling following his reaction to the most blatantly and wilfully corrupt decision you'll see all season.

Funnily enough City can easily claim the same title from last season with the OT "not interfering with play" offside goal.

I see a pattern emerging here.

"Institutionalised thuggery"

When fans are voting this bad parody of a fanzine as best in the business then whats the fucking point in taking anything seriously

I mean it spends half it's time trying to reedeem greenwood ffs

Last edited:
It's a hard read but like you i am rapidly getting fucked off with it.
Yes it as reached fever pitch now in the media and we sit there as a club taking it.
My missus thinks it will make me ill getting so eat up about all now

Mate, stop reading/listening to the press/media.

It was making me ill, I get my City news from mcfc website or here.

I turn the match on at ko time, if the knobheads get on my nerves or its that squeaky spitting scouser it goes on mute.

Life is so much better when you ignore the press/media, if you let the press/media get to you than they are winning, just ignore the knobheads and enjoy our success.

When fans are voting this bad parody of a fanzine as best in the business then whats the fucking point in taking anything seriously

I mean it spends half it's time trying to reedeem greenwood ffs

I wouldn't pay much credence to that.

All these "industry awards" across all industries are just fake, literally bought and paid for by the "winners".

I wouldn't pay much credence to that.

All these "industry awards" across all industries are just fake, literally bought and paid for by the "winners".
tbf its a fans vote and members, I was emailed to vote, I didn't bother and don't know anyone who did, but many fans across the pyramid will have and thats the point this type of poor excuse for a footballing paper is being read by many and considered the font of knowledge, even thought it talks the same old shite as the rest, anf it obsessed with mason greenwood

It’s on nearly every back page how Erl has “got away with it” pathetic, never has a Sporting team in the world been so vilified, just don’t get it. Newcastle are getting an easy ride, I’m perplexed.
If they start winning trophies that red shirted teams see as 'theirs', that will change

I feel Pep should have made a big deal out of it and he never did.
Arteta did it so did Klopp and it helped them in the subsequent matches.

Sometimes I feel Pep is a bit oblivious to the media narrative and the evilness with which City is perceived. For a fan base that gets vilified for attendance though we are one of the best supported club, Pep gives them a chance with its “ please come and watch us” narrative. And again yesterday it was a good time to make a meal out of the decision as the Liverpool decision also went against it.

I may be in the minority here but as well as City does the football stuff brilliantly they often fail to manage narratives around the club. Liverpool cheated with our scout password scandal and instead of taking them up we just took the million bucks and the case went silent. And the red cunts still pressure PL to relegate us. We constantly invite journalists who write articles after articles smearing us yet they get invitation to Etihad.

Maybe I am naive to the 4D chess that happens in the corridors of power but we are more forgiving then I would like us to be!

Pep knows you can’t allow footballers to feel sorry for themselves, allow them an excuse, the heads will drop & they’ve won.

He deliberately only complains when City have won. Pep knows about the agenda & throws a few digs but he’s here to win trophy’s & he does that. Let the others cry foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.