Media Discussion - 2023/24

RasenBall Leipzig now, part of the Red Bull Gmb Group, 99% owned by RB but they’ve had to adhere to the German 50+1 rule with the Clubs fans having sway over the actual board. This apparently satisfies Bundesliga and European criteria, we only have to do something similar with Girona.

Leipzig do - not sure if it changed recently, but when they did that, they rigged it so there were only a small number of 'fans' with 1 vote each. For some reason 7 comes to mind of how many. They were handpicked by the owners.

Doesn't change the fact that you're right about meeting the requirements.

Leipzig do - not sure if it changed recently, but when they did that, they rigged it so there were only a small number of 'fans' with 1 vote each. For some reason 7 comes to mind of how many. They were handpicked by the owners.

Doesn't change the fact that you're right about meeting the requirements.
I wouldn’t swear to it but I’m sure I read the Association do have 50+1 to hold power of sway but I guess they’d just go along with the board 99% of the time.

No mention for Bob Paisley who won 20 major honours for LFC in nine years (same time as Klopp) including six league titles, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup, and three League Cups. Klopp's record is pitiful compared to Paisley. I was privileged to meet him once and, unlike Klopp, Paisley was total class. The modern day sports media has become a laughing stock. I realise this is a different era but to put it into context Pep's record at City is nowhere near Paisley's record at Liverpool.
“Pep’s record is nowhere near Paisley’s”, errr what? This is Pep’s 8th season at City. Even if we won diddly squat this year and next (unlikely), Pep will have won 5 Premier Leagues, 4 League Cups, 2 FA Cups, and a Champions League. The overwhelming likelihood is that he will add to that though. So to say that Pep’s achievements come nowhere near Paisley’s is ludicrous!

Oh, just looked it up, Paisley’s 20 trophies include 6 (yes SIX) Charity Shields so I’ll be discounting those. But if we count all Pep’s trophies then he has 16, in 2 less seasons. So pretty comparable then! And Paisley never won the FA Cup.

Indeed, Paisley’s Wikipedia page states “he won honours at the rate of 2.2 per season, a rate surpassed only by Pep Guardiola”.

Not arguing that Paisley was not a great manager and a seemingly thoroughly decent man, just have a major quibble with your claim that Pep’s record is nowhere near his!

“Pep’s record is nowhere near Paisley’s”, errr what? This is Pep’s 8th season at City. Even if we won diddly squat this year and next (unlikely), Pep will have won 5 Premier Leagues, 4 League Cups, 2 FA Cups, and a Champions League. The overwhelming likelihood is that he will add to that though. So to say that Pep’s achievements come nowhere near Paisley’s is ludicrous!

Oh, just looked it up, Paisley’s 20 trophies include 6 (yes SIX) Charity Shields so I’ll be discounting those. But if we count all Pep’s trophies then he has 16, in 2 less seasons. So pretty comparable then! And Paisley never won the FA Cup.

Indeed, Paisley’s Wikipedia page states “he won honours at the rate of 2.2 per season, a rate surpassed only by Pep Guardiola”.

Not arguing that Paisley was not a great manager and a seemingly thoroughly decent man, just have a major quibble with your claim that Pep’s record is nowhere near his!
So if we take out the trophies that get you in to another Trophy event, Community/Charity Shield, Supercup and World Club Championship it’s Paisley 14 v Pep 12, very comparable with 2 seasons left for Pep.

Plus I remember Paisleys era very well, it wasn’t even a duopoly like the Rags had most of the time, it was a virtual monopoly where the Dippers dominated English Football, plus they always made a couple of marquee signings every season and more importantly in those days paid by far the better wages.

So if we take out the trophies that get you in to another Trophy event, Community/Charity Shield, Supercup and World Club Championship it’s Paisley 14 v Pep 12, very comparable with 2 seasons left for Pep.

Plus I remember Paisleys era very well, it wasn’t even a duopoly like the Rags had most of the time, it was a virtual monopoly where the Dippers dominated English Football, plus they always made a couple of marquee signings every season and more importantly in those days paid by far the better wages.
Good God! How did they afford that before nasty, wealthy, benefactors came into the game?

Does anyone know who runs the Cityxtra website? I used to find it decent to get city related stories, however it is in danger of becoming as unfit for purpose as the MUEN site with endless pop ups and adverts. As I'm sure these guys are fellow blues, I would be sad to see them losing readers and going out of service because of advertising greed.

Sky's Gary Cockerill asking a Premier League Manager in his presser "Are you a betting man?"

NgsAkxG.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.