Media Discussion - 2023/24

Petro Jim, the Tax Dodger

The media will lap it up. It is newsworthy. After more than a decade of mismanagement and spending the most, positive spins from Petro Jim are to be expected following the acquisition of a minority shareholding at Old Trafford.

Petro Jim speaks the language of united. It is riddled with the past in the mode of Ferguson. The latter is one old man, who has been part of the problem at Old Trafford, and still will be as long as he still hangs around the place. Now there is another old man, harping on about the past with arrogant, self-entitled rhetoric.

This tax dodging industrialist has added Old Trafford to his chemical and fracking portfolio as part of his big ego trip after failing in his first choice to buy Chelsea. The cocky talk which was once one of "noisy neighbours" and "not in my lifetime", has now moved to ridiculous talk of "enemies" and "knocking them off their perches". This is the outdated language and narrow mindset of united and their preoccupation with competitors.

The start of their PR campaign may have stimulated an initial giddiness amongst their lot however the choice of unwise words typical of the united way will backfire.

They are stuck in the 20th century, seeking to copy those in the 21st century, and trying to keep up with The Treble winners.
Bravo!

Must admit as long as the idiots lap it up our media will carry on supplying this crap

There is more morons on social media that will click on this to keep sly, bbc, papers etc convinced red shirt stories are needed

Takes like these are just bullshit designed to stroke the ego of the person asked and mollify the fans as they can in no way be proven, times have moved on, football has moved on and the rose tinted look at the past is all it is.

Its the whole tyson vs tyson fury debate, its an unwinnable argument as there is too many variables but it keeps the rags believing their bullshit and harking back to the past so they will keep on doing it as nobody ever went broke appealing to idiots.

I didn't see the game live, but a few months later I remember going to a mates house who was a utd fan , was waiting downstairs while he was getting ready for us to go out.
He purposely put that game on Video for me to watch , I couldn't believe how Bayern didn't win that match , they hit the post, bar had near misses. Didn't think utd played that well.
with about 5 minutes to go the bayern players were waving to the families in stand arrogant shits

Sportsbible :

They totalled the number of followers for each Premier League team on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and X to determine who had the most supporters.

Manchester City are second on the list, with a total follower count of 140,821,395
We have at least one more fan than the above - me. Cos I don’t have any of these apps. I do go to all the games though, home and away. But I suppose I am not as big a fan as someone from China who follows us on X and likes our posts now and again?

I left this comment

View attachment 107922

For some reason it was removed as it broke house rules !. I have no idea what house rules it broke as I see City called dirty oil club on a regular basis on the bbc. Seems dirty oil is ok but dirty petrol isn't.
The bbc are a fucking joke
I also had my BBC sports page comment removed, on Simon Stone's article on Chemical Jim.
I gave my opinion that Stone is a MUFC phsycophant and the BBC are funded by the licence payer.
This controversial comment was seen as
Lol I really dont understand the bbc house rules. Had 3 blocked for telling the truth. Than the bbc allow these which I thought the bbc would block. Its bonkers

View attachment 107935
Think the above 2 will be deleted later.
I had a post about Simon Stone's article on Chemical Jim deleted later, because it included the weird psychophant.
The pedantic beggars - I must have spelt it wrong...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.