Media Discussion - 2023/24

“Shambolic” Premier League - Media Reports

According to reports, the "shambolic" Premier League is under significant pressure after failing to deliver on its long-awaited new £900 million football support system as clubs instead prioritise reform to their own spending rules.

It is understandable that the PL prefers to prioritise reform to its spending rules before deciding what `deal` it wishes to agree with the EFL.

The irony is that Liverpool fan, Rick Parry, one of the original instigators of the PL, acting in effect for the redtops, and CEO of LFC for many years, was instrumental in the break from the football leagues and for exacerbating the disparities. Now Parry is on the other side at the EFL as Chairman, trying to get more money out of the PL. Before this he was meddling at UEFA.

The redtops have made a hash of this for all to see. They introduced new `rules`, which did not exist when they were exploiting the PL, in order to stymie competition. They appointed Man U supporter Alison Brittain as Chair of the PL. LFC and MUFC ensued that puppet Masters got the CEO job at the PL after better qualified candidates withdrew because they anticipated the forthcoming mess due to the vested and undue influence of the redtops. Now it is unravelling.

Money circulating throughout the game is drying up; the last transfer window saw little activity; other clubs are being hindered in their growth and development; punishments are being handed out mid season and then changed mid season !

The unholy redtops alliance plus Spurs, who last won the topflight division in 1961, have created tiresome, ongoing division within football. Their self interest and self protection overrides everything.
Post of the day, one like is not enough.

Re Wrights comments.

The day will never come when City are given the praise we are due from the MSM and social media

There’s too much money to be made and followers to attract by playing to the the agenda set by the red histree clubs

We are despised by the media not for spending money (that’s okay for the cartel clubs) but because we exist

So they can shove any praise
I just listened to the Wright comments and I don’t think they are that bad at all. To me, all he’s saying is from City’s perspective they need the 115 charges clearing so the club can move on and get the recognition they rightly deserve. He’s right in the fact that with these 115 charges hanging over our head, there is always going to be negative coverage and doubt over our achievements. It’s the reality of it.

I just listened to the Wright comments and I don’t think they are that bad at all. To me, all he’s saying is from City’s perspective they need the 115 charges clearing so the club can move on and get the recognition they rightly deserve. He’s right in the fact that with these 115 charges hanging over our head, there is always going to be negative coverage and doubt over our achievements. It’s the reality of it.
Lets not be naive enough to think the when the PL fail to make the allegations stick, that they will be forgotten. We will be tarred with those allegations, if not forever, for a very long time. The meedya have seen to that!

Yeah, I agree. Don't think he really said anything untoward tbh.

Lets not be naive enough to think the when the PL fail to make the allegations stick, that they will be forgotten. We will be tarred with those allegations, if not forever, for a very long time. The meedya have seen to that!
Maybe, but that’s not what wright is doing there imo and don’t really think he deserves stick for really saying what most of us want to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.