Media Discussion - 2023/24

i don’t think that’s quite right. MCFC ltd is owned by City Football Group, which is an English company so in that sense MCFC is 100% English owned.

City Football Group ltd, IIRC, is 100% foreign owned…
Blimey, all that money invested in the Etihad and surrounding areas is English money! I thought it came from Abu Dhabi. What an idiot. Thanks for putting me straight.

Now that I think, there was a Mansour and a Kaldoon in my class at St Frannys in Gorton. I just hadn't made the connection until now.

The wider point was that Thatcher 'selling off the family silver' didn't negatively affect FDI into the UK.

I don't get Ian Wright. He has two sons and a granson who all played for City he always seems to have a bee in his bonet about us though. I remember in the run in when City had to win the last 14 matches of the season to win the league. He actually stated that he wanted Liverpool to win the title. Why? What link does he have to them? I find him very strange.
He was on sky sports. Red Sky sports. I'm 200% sure he was told to say it by sky as they probably had to crowbar it in. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he said it.

But crucially they would make our squad better. They will be enough to take us through the first rounds of domestic cups and possibly 14 games of the prem. Gives the first 11 a crucial rest. Not having a big enough squad means you def lose crucial players too early. Rodri will need a year off soon for e.g.
Pep has never liked big squads. Too many players means lots of pissed off players.

100 % correct.

I don’t want his flowery words after he has just said the charges will ruin what pep and the players have achieved. The fucking elephant in the room nonsense.

If he is going to mention issues off the pitch then it’s only fair he does it with every club. It doesn’t happen, I find it disingenuous.

Not just Wright tho all of the “robots” act the same when it comes to city. We are seen as cheats who will get praise but only after the charges is brought up to tarnish us with.

The biggest turnabout is McCoist. He was always positive about city but as soon as the charges came out turned 360 and now mentions it every time he says anything good about how the club is performing on the pitch. It’s just not needed and should be referenced with Cas who found us not guilty while discussing the premier case.
Absolutely, and the reason they are disingenuous is the simple fact that whenever CAS is mentioned they focus on the £10m fine for not co-operating and allowing any interchange of info to be passed on to the same 'disingenuous' meedya.

I don't get Ian Wright. He has two sons and a granson who all played for City he always seems to have a bee in his bonet about us though. I remember in the run in when City had to win the last 14 matches of the season to win the league. He actually stated that he wanted Liverpool to win the title. Why? What link does he have to them? I find him very strange.
If they wish to have continued employment within the RDAHMeedya they have to make sure they have the right narrative. They know which side of their muffin has the butter and which side doesn't.

Pep has never liked big squads. Too many players means lots of pissed off players.
And too many permutations, not all of which could be tested on the training ground. I often think that when we play the first round of a domestic whether the starting eleven have ever started a game over the road on Yaya's pitch!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.