Media Discussion - 2023/24

That in a nutshell is why FFP was brought in. Then anyone can reach the summit with the right investment.
Imagine super Sunday ( the race for the title) with City, West Brom, Charlton and Sunderland. Imagine trying to sell that to the plastics. Similar in Europe, people don't want Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, RB Salzburg and Girona stinking up the CL and advertisers and sponsors turning their back on the old gravy train
Part of that is true but the cartel don’t want anyone else to have the chance to replace them.
City have muscled in on their action in spectacular style, we have the worlds best manager and an array of star players, we re big big news. If Sunderland, West Brom, pretty much anyone had enough money and good leadership they could do what we have done, that’s the real kicker, it’s not that everyone would switch the telly off and cancel Sky, it’s the opposite, Joe Public would love someone challenging the status quo just like when Abramovich rocked up at Chelsea.

Sky Sports News going into fear mongering mode on behalf of the PL over the regulation bill.

SKY are scared shitless of losing the TV rights to a major Internet company, Just like the Super League fear-mongering headlines and getting fans on board with false lies about taking the game away from them.

If anything Sky took football away from the fans and their clubs with the Premier League subscription fee and dish.

Of course they are because the red shirts and spurs don't want it
Spurs lol

Makes me chuckle every time I see their name.

Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry And them good ole American boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that city die!
This'll be the day that city die!

They forgot about Khaldoon…

-:)

Last edited:
The cartel don’t want anyone marking their homework. They don’t want the government having visibility of their shady dealings. Where do all these Premier League initiatives come from? Do Bournemouth rock up and say let’s dream up some rules that fuck Man City and Newcastle? Or maybe Fulham demand no associated deals? we all know the truth, the cartel and the red shirts who get to veto the new chairman are the ones pulling the strings.

Could be any one of them, or some other low-life executive at the PL who has an axe to grind with us.

The PL want an exciting competition, with their favoured teams in the mix at the business end of the season. That's where they think they can boost their viewing figures and make even more profit. If we are allowed to run away with it again they think viewers will turn off.
I hear you but haven't we been front and centre to several last day title deciders? I can only think of 1 season where we have walked away with it.

I hear you but haven't we been front and centre to several last day title deciders? I can only think of 1 season where we have walked away with it.
It might not have had the final day drama*, but even the 100 point season wasn't really seen as dull at the time.

Going from the "is the PL too much for Pep" story of his first season, to all the records being broken, most commentators were heaping on the praise.

*Oh yes...apart from a beautiful and dramatic last minute goal, meaning that City became the first ever top flight team to score 100 points.

Part of that is true but the cartel don’t want anyone else to have the chance to replace them.
City have muscled in on their action in spectacular style, we have the worlds best manager and an array of star players, we re big big news. If Sunderland, West Brom, pretty much anyone had enough money and good leadership they could do what we have done, that’s the real kicker, it’s not that everyone would switch the telly off and cancel Sky, it’s the opposite, Joe Public would love someone challenging the status quo just like when Abramovich rocked up at Chelsea.
From the first season of the PL ,Sky knew their audience. Subscriptions rocketed as the gloryhunters got on board. But also Sky knew that there would be thousands of others who revelled in seeing the rags beaten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.