Media Discussion - 2023/24

Mark Goldbridge has lost it. On his latest YouTube video predicting who wins the league he has Dippers by 1 point over City with Arsenal a point further back. He has City v Arsenal as a draw but some other weird predictions like Arsenal to draw at Wolves and City to draw at Fulham.

But he acknowledges City could win at Fulham and then vents that in that case it would be a scandal and a disgrace for PGMOL as it would mean VAR decided the title, implying City get the rub of the green of VAR decisions.

If we look at dodgy VAR decisions for all 3 teams;

Arsenal - Barcodes winner (I still maintain should have been disallowed, cost 1 point). Kovacic should have been sent off at Emirates, made no difference to result. Odegaard should have given away a pen vs Dippers - gained 1 point. Net impact 0 points.

City - Goal vs Fulham awarded. Net impact 0 points as City won 5-1. Kovacic not sent off vs Arsenal. Net impact 0 points as Arsenal won anyway. City not allowed to progress attack vs Spurs. Net impact 1 point (could have been 2 if Grealish had scored but we don't know he would so I've said it is 50% likely he would have scored and given 1 point). PGMOL have cleared the last min penalty incident at Dippers so I'm not including it. So overall impact is City are 1 point worse off where they should be.

Dippers - Diaz goal vs Spurs. Impact 1 point. Odegaard pen not awarded. Impact 2 points. But after this there's a litany of stuff that's gone their way. Dodgy Palace red card when Palace were winning with 20 to go. Forest drop ball incident. I reckon those net out so Dippers are where they should be.

Goldbridge just can't stand the idea of City doing 4 in a row I reckon. Yes there have been some shitty VAR decisions but I reckon so far they've kind of evened out, if anything City should have an extra point.

Why are you even propping up Brent’s/Crazy Sandra’s tube clicks? he’s an actor if you take any credibility from from that grifter then it’s you who is the problem.

Needless to say I shan't be clicking on the this particular article - the hype-train is in full flow again and another Rag prospect will fail to live up to their billing................

Screenshot_2024-03-22-19-46-15-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

you forgot the perfectly good goal we scored to us 2 up against the dippers. 2 pts to us. -1 dippers.
I would also add a Hoolian goal disallowed v Palace when we 2-0 up, iirc there wasn't much wrong with it. If it had stood, and even when we conceded those stupid 2 late goals, we would have been 2 points better off.

I loathe Palace, like Wolves and Saints ( when in PL) they are anti football but for whatever reason, especially in first part of season at the Etihad they always seem to do a number on us. I still have hot flushes ( non age related) about the Andros Townsend worldy.... yet these same teams always roll over for the Dippers.

I would also add a Hoolian goal disallowed v Palace when we 2-0 up, iirc there wasn't much wrong with it. If it had stood, and even when we conceded those stupid 2 late goals, we would have been 2 points better off.

I loathe Palace, like Wolves and Saints ( when in PL) they are anti football but for whatever reason, especially in first part of season at the Etihad they always seem to do a number on us. I still have hot flushes ( non age related) about the Andros Townsend worldy.... yet these same teams always roll over for the Dippers.
They don’t technically roll over they just play their normal game against all other sides but against us they defend like fuck with two banks of four and try and hit us on the break ..

They don’t technically roll over they just play their normal game against all other sides but against us they defend like fuck with two banks of four and try and hit us on the break ..
Agree, but in my world thats anti football. We are their respective Cup Finals - latest exhibits being Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.