Media Discussion - 2023/24

Didn’t see it but I’ll take your word for it,for the most part teams do stick 2 banks of four against us and then hope to catch us on the counter,where as if they are playing any other side it’s their normal game and how they play 36 times during the season ..

Once in a while 2 banks of 4 works which is why they finish near the bottom & we finish top.

Oh I agree it grinds my gears seeing teams defend for their lives and the 2 banks of four when it’s us but I expect it now and also understand it,as they don’t want to be on the end of a hiding,they then go back to normal service the following game,absolutely we are their cup finals in fact 99% of teams in the league see it as a badge of honour getting a draw or a win against us..
It is illuminating to see teams celebrate like they have won the World Cup when they do occasionally get a draw against us. Even when they are playing at home. Same with the fans.

Mark Goldbridge has lost it. On his latest YouTube video predicting who wins the league he has Dippers by 1 point over City with Arsenal a point further back. He has City v Arsenal as a draw but some other weird predictions like Arsenal to draw at Wolves and City to draw at Fulham.

But he acknowledges City could win at Fulham and then vents that in that case it would be a scandal and a disgrace for PGMOL as it would mean VAR decided the title, implying City get the rub of the green of VAR decisions.

If we look at dodgy VAR decisions for all 3 teams;

Arsenal - Barcodes winner (I still maintain should have been disallowed, cost 1 point). Kovacic should have been sent off at Emirates, made no difference to result. Odegaard should have given away a pen vs Dippers - gained 1 point. Net impact 0 points.

City - Goal vs Fulham awarded. Net impact 0 points as City won 5-1. Kovacic not sent off vs Arsenal. Net impact 0 points as Arsenal won anyway. City not allowed to progress attack vs Spurs. Net impact 1 point (could have been 2 if Grealish had scored but we don't know he would so I've said it is 50% likely he would have scored and given 1 point). PGMOL have cleared the last min penalty incident at Dippers so I'm not including it. So overall impact is City are 1 point worse off where they should be.

Dippers - Diaz goal vs Spurs. Impact 1 point. Odegaard pen not awarded. Impact 2 points. But after this there's a litany of stuff that's gone their way. Dodgy Palace red card when Palace were winning with 20 to go. Forest drop ball incident. I reckon those net out so Dippers are where they should be.

Goldbridge just can't stand the idea of City doing 4 in a row I reckon. Yes there have been some shitty VAR decisions but I reckon so far they've kind of evened out, if anything City should have an extra point.
Not this fucking twat again. I might post my dogs thoughts on the title tomorrow..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.