Media Discussion - 2023/24

Lots of people like to whinge about what pundits say, but the answer is very simple: don't watch them.

I start watching the match when it kicks off, I don't bother watching before that. At half time I switch the telly off (or mute it) and get on with something else.

At full time I'll watch it only if I know it's going to bring me happiness (City destroyed someone/a great city comeback/United embarrassing themselves again) other than that I crack on with something else.
It's not that simple.

If you're not at a match you should be able to watch good commentary on football before, after and during matches.

By simply not watching it you're depriving yourself of that.

Now I tend to do similar to you, start watching when the game starts, but that's because it's not worth it to me to watch earlier. But I feel as if I'm missing out by doing that, and that's a real shame.

We shouldn't just ignore it, because it will never improve if we do (fwiw I'm not too fussed about Keanes comments either).

Keane is a dog-wanking shithouse. Watch Mr. Hardman do the old 'hold me back, lads' when Niall Quinn squares up to him in the 1996 5th round FA cup game.

It's not that simple.

If you're not at a match you should be able to watch good commentary on football before, after and during matches.

By simply not watching it you're depriving yourself of that.

Now I tend to do similar to you, start watching when the game starts, but that's because it's not worth it to me to watch earlier. But I feel as if I'm missing out by doing that, and that's a real shame.

We shouldn't just ignore it, because it will never improve if we do (fwiw I'm not too fussed about Keanes comments either).
I wouldn't criticise anyone for deploying the mute button. My problem is that I can still see their lips move only confirming my suspicions that they are talking shite.

Fucking hell, Sly Sports Monday Night Football have got Ashley Young as the pundit. Another thick as pig shit ex-Rag player.

Anyone else listening to 5 live Monday night club?
Been listening since 7pm and no mention yet of title race - or have I missed it (??)
Gonna stop paying my licence fee at this rate …

Fucking hell, Sly Sports Monday Night Football have got Ashley Young as the pundit. Another thick as pig shit ex-Rag player.
Agree it's ridiculous how many Red Shirt ex-players get drafted in by Sky.
But, Young (who, in fairness, has had a long career in the top league), now has to explain why MUFC are so shite ?
My guess, he will go into the "it shouldn't happen to 'Nited" excuse.
The reason being, that when he played for them, they paid off the officials (as when he perpetually kicked Sergio in the 2-3 game).
It looks like VAR is beginning to stop the "good fortune" they received for decades...

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.