Media Discussion - 2023/24

I don't often listen to Talkshite but when I do Jim White is always up Martin Keowns backside telling everyone about Arsenals Invincibles achievement.
I couldn't believe what i was listening to today when Keown said "There is no greater achievement in football than being unbeaten throughout a season"!!
No mention of City's Treble winning or 100 points seasons.

Is going unbeaten that great ? It sounds amazing but if you look at it, 12 draws wasn't it.
Would a team that drew every match and got relegated be as great as that arsenal side ? Both go unbeaten.

Is going unbeaten that great ? It sounds amazing but if you look at it, 12 draws wasn't it.
Would a team that drew every match and got relegated be as great as that arsenal side ? Both go unbeaten.
It’s a unique achievement. As was 100 points/100 goals. I try not to get drawn into the media debates about what was “best”. They are both achievements held by only one side ever

It’s a unique achievement. As was 100 points/100 goals. I try not to get drawn into the media debates about what was “best”. They are both achievements held by only one side ever

Preston North End are Invincibles. Won the League without losing a game. Also won the FA Cup without conceding a goal to do the double.

Once a week.
Just ONCE a week!!

Once a week I visit the Daily Fail just to see the headlines on the day and the day before. Hardly ever do I open a topic as it’s filled with articles about the red envy teams, non related negative shite with a far fetched City link to involve our club, and gossip on private life matters.

And it’s easy to tell when we do well or head towards something big. The headlines get desperated.

Today:
A documentary about the filth treble in 1999. The fck timing !!!!
And Beckham stating it could spur them on. The fck desperation!!!!

Once a week. Think I should stick with once a year for all media. Just stick to Blue Moon. And yes, you’re all cnts and subjective in a blue way.

This is the sort of quote that keeps Liverpool, United, Arsenal, and Chelsea owners, execs, and coaches up at night.

Most of us old blues never thought we would ever hear a highly sought after 14 year-old phenom footballer utter this in relation to little ole City. This is the sort of sentiment that makes Tebas want to go on another “City are the greatest evil in the history of the world” rampage. The entire Bayern Munich structure starts to get queezy when they see this sort of thing. A not-so-small portion of the sport media captured by those clubs will do everything they can to spin and distort this and similar comments from other young players in order to obfuscate our growing influence.

And they should all be terrified, as this is only the beginning. Those clubs had there period when every young kid playing football in the park or the academy ground fantasised about being the star player for their team.

Now it is City’s turn. The future is sky blue. Pass it to Grimble.

Shame journalists are too thick to realise the next gen of clickbait clickers will be blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.