Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Talkshite leading the Rashford for Sterling charge again!

Nearly crashed the car when Martin Lipton came on and defended Raheem and explained exactly the role he was being asked to play for the benefit of the team to the detriment of his own game. Thought Shouty Man was going to sob but Parlour made up for it by saying he'd pretty much re-arrange the entire team to fit Rashford in, fortunately Southgate's got a bit more backbone than that.

He's unfortunate that he is at this sharp end of this new social media club/fan war where hatred is a commodity to make money off.

I fear for him, he is doing the working hard, being humble, dont upset anyone and it still isnt working. No matter how much he gives this will not stop.

It's at the back of his mind every touch he takes, that split second thought of what if I fuck this up. No other has to play with that fear (No matter how small it is). If that is happening he aint going to turn around his performances into what the media demand.

Whilst I think Pep is using it to galvanize the team and get behind Sterling, I do think at some point along the line the only way Sterling can get out of this is to move abroad. The hate wont stop in this country, makes me a little ashamed tbh.

There is no one hour stretch on tS that 'Rashford for Sterling' is not aired, it is actually amazing and for some reason sinister...Romford Pele is the latest of tS 'brains' pushing it through!

He's unfortunate that he is at this sharp end of this new social media club/fan war where hatred is a commodity to make money off.

I fear for him, he is doing the working hard, being humble, dont upset anyone and it still isnt working. No matter how much he gives this will not stop.

It's at the back of his mind every touch he takes, that split second thought of what if I fuck this up. No other has to play with that fear (No matter how small it is). If that is happening he aint going to turn around his performances into what the media demand.

Whilst I think Pep is using it to galvanize the team and get behind Sterling, I do think at some point along the line the only way Sterling can get out of this is to move abroad. The hate wont stop in this country, makes me a little ashamed tbh.

I actually think Sterling could be destroyed by this relentless campaign. He is an instinctive "confidence" player and Pep has done a fantastic job on building him up. I fear this work by Pep is being undone now by those who love to hate Sterling, whatever their motivation. There is something toxic about the way social media operates. The more hate and controversy the more popular an issue is. It brings out the worse in some people and some of that poison has spread to this forum in recent months. It's just bullying by the mob.

Dean Ashton sticking up for him on SSN. Sick of then bringing up this 1000 days since a goal, when has anyone ever been judged by days since last goal? It's not like there's an England game every week.

I actually think Sterling could be destroyed by this relentless campaign. He is an instinctive "confidence" player and Pep has done a fantastic job on building him up. I fear this work by Pep is being undone now by those who love to hate Sterling, whatever their motivation. There is something toxic about the way social media operates. The more hate and controversy the more popular an issue is. It brings out the worse in some people and some of that poison has spread to this forum in recent months. It's just bullying by the mob.
International breaks are few, club games are more than once a week. City fans stick behind him he'll be fine.

Small penis syndrome.

What worries me about the Sterling character assassination is, if it continues unabated. There's a small but absolute possibility that he could some harm to himself. Let's be honest, it certainly has been known before.

When I see the sheer unnecessary invective thrown at him without knowing how strong a character he is(I think he's strong, but I certainly don't know for sure) it concerns me. I get lows for much less than he's had to endure. I wonder though, if something did happen, would any of those jumping on the Sterling hate bandwagon hold their hands up and say I was partially responsible for that? It's a dark and lonely place when you feel the world is against you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.