Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course media darlings spurs don't need to win trophies

I read this and laughed to myself. No mention of greatest midfielder who has ever lived, Dembele, that we had to listen to all week either.

They're still living of the 4th place trophy they pipped us to all those years ago

I wonder what the Rags £/point is for finishing 2nd
Hard to find the values, but the total incoming cost of entire City squad was £775m, United £712m before the winter window.
So United is approx 92% cost of City - less than a Pogba if you will.
Guessing wages are higher iirc at United, but we’ll go for the same for comparison- so :

92% of 668m is 614m
United can get max of 90 points.
614/90 gives cost per point.
So the cost of each point is... 6.8m

A better headline might have been, ‘Pep and Mou spend same, but Pep wins league by a Pogba’

Hard to find the values, but the total incoming cost of entire City squad was £775m, United £712m before the winter window.
So United is approx 92% cost of City - less than a Pogba if you will.
Guessing wages are higher iirc at United, but we’ll go for the same for comparison- so :

92% of 668m is 614m
United can get max of 90 points.
614/90 gives cost per point.
So the cost of each point is... 6.8m

A better headline might have been, ‘Pep and Mou spend same, but Pep wins league by a Pogba’
Cheers for that, I had a sneaking feeling their £/point spend would be higher than ours, and it’s been spent on failure haha

And your right about the headline but as we know that doesn’t suit the narrative

Tyler Today apparently constantly mentioning the Rags during the 1st half.

C***!

It has been. He did mention the Derby around 5 times though, which is what everyone will focus on. However, he did mention our goal count a fair few times, and also our points total.

He also highlighted how we had every right to celebrate in the dressing room after victories and basically highlighted the childish of Chelsea and Uniteds reactions.

But you are correct that is what people will focus on as it supports a narrative of hard done by City.

Been great coverage today.

The way Champion and Beglin spoke about us today you would have thought it was our first Premier League title....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.