Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News at 8.20 this morning .......
Spurs 3-0 win covered showed one of the goals and an interview with Harry Kane, then to
Madrid and Bale showed the first (excellent) goal then to
Liverpool and showed their equaliser then ............

Cardif who are now second. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my wife wants to know if I am having an affair as i said I was at the match last night.

I imagine Cardiff are bemused as to why they're second this morning.

Had to laugh at the Utd PR machine last night, that corporation most know as the BBC.
Included this gem in the match report " City were expected to steamroller their opponents". Really. By who? The Russian champions, top seeds in the group who had just beaten a very good Napoli side. I think none of us expected to steamroller them and clearly written by a Rag.

Then the headlines 'Spurs cruise to win" (changed this morning) and "City claim hard-earned win". No problem with ours, they were a very very good side but lets look at the facts. Spurs game: 15 shots with 3 on target for Apoel and 16 shots with 4 on target for Spurs. That tells me it was a closer game than the score suggests but Spurs just more clinical against a team who have never kept a clean sheet at home in the CL then our stats 18 shots with 7 on target and Shakt 6 shots and 2 on target. Sounds like we restricted them, remember a very good team, more than Spurs against their groups whipping boys

'Kinell .... they are all at it. Even Planet Rock, a rock music radio station .... They do the 'Rock n Roll Years' every weekday between 9 and 10 am. They play songs, have clips of TV and movies etc, and you need to guess the year .... They do mention what was happening in football that year too, usually who finished top or won the FA Cup.

Today ..... 'In this year, Manchester City were relegated, despite a net spend of over £5m' .....

anybody in any doubt they the media hate manchester city just watch the Ian Cheeseman VLOG and the pen miss by aguero last night 6.14 into the video and ian is talking over the pen being took and next well have a listen

I get the feeling that most of the media have the idea if they don't have a bad word to say about us its best if they just say nothing. That twunt Humphrey on BT last night seemed genuinely frustrated that Dunne and Lescott didn't want to play the usual games he plays with Camel Gob and Stevie G. As for Darke and Owen Hawkings, they only thing they offered in the commentary last night was a shared hope that Shaktar got something from the game.

Win = Swept under carpet Lose = Milk for all its worth

Pretty much the opposite of what happens to all our main rivals. Its all in our heads mind.

I just hope we have a serious dust allergy by the end of may.

So true, I'm just waiting for the next Ottomendi lunge or Stones error for the "serious doubts about them at the back" stuff to reemerge, ignoring the fact that it's been 10 or 15 or 20 games since their last mess up. Every defender makes mistakes these days.

anybody in any doubt they the media hate manchester city just watch the Ian Cheeseman VLOG and the pen miss by aguero last night 6.14 into the video and ian is talking over the pen being took and next well have a listen

that is.....really fucking petty!!

i'm a fence sitter on a lot of this media chat, i obviously know plebs like Jackson and most of them have biases and teams they support and little grudges, but this has persuaded me that they are so petty as to cheer a penalty miss for a genuinely great achievement, IN THE GROUND, that why shouldnt this small mindedness spill over into everything they write and say.

edit: if it's the Ukranian journos, if there are that many there, then fair do's.

Last edited:
'Kinell .... they are all at it. Even Planet Rock, a rock music radio station .... They do the 'Rock n Roll Years' every weekday between 9 and 10 am. They play songs, have clips of TV and movies etc, and you need to guess the year .... They do mention what was happening in football that year too, usually who finished top or won the FA Cup.

Today ..... 'In this year, Manchester City were relegated, despite a net spend of over £5m' .....
Yeah I heard that too.Don't think I've heard them mention the teams that got relegated before and I've definitely never heard them mention money.I'll be contacting them shortly to inform them I won't be listening to their shit station any longer.And I don't want to split hairs,but I think they actually described it as a 5 million pound spending spree

Don't worry. Frank and Blue Phantom will be along to explain why it's not an agenda when the media consistently ignore a City win. The Fail's football stories this morning are in order: Liverpool's game, Spurs' game, Leipzig's game (one of their players was subbed because the Besiktas fans' noise made him feel dizzy. I shit you not.), Wio on Kane, Pochettino on Kane, Ronaldo's contract negotiations, Atletico's Costa deal, Beckham's deal with Sky and then City's game. So Liverpool 1st, Spurs 2nd and City 9th. Happens all the time.
Yes LB,its all sbout clickbait,and leipzig have more fans than us worldwide,dont you know.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.